Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Last day of school!!!

The question that has been going round and round in my mind all last week was, "Am I ready for the kids to be home from school?"  The answer is "yes" and I'm excited to start summer vacation and enjoy the children back home with Austin and I!!!  But the other day, school only had a half day.  Ashlyn and Austin had a real blast playing together but this is how my house now looks!!!  The messes and constant crumbs and dishes in the sink are now part of my every day routine.  I really do love to see them playing nice and having a fun time but I cannot deal with a messy house!  It makes me grouchy!!!  So, after the play time was over, I had the little ones clean it all up.  I am ready for them to be home with me during the day and having the older ones home to gives me opportunities and a challenge to keep them busy and not bored.  We set some gadget boundries a few weeks ago already because I also cannot deal with kids lying around all day on iPhones and computers. 
 

This was us yesterday morning as I drove them to school one last time for the 2017-2018 school term!!!  At the beginning of the year, we received our bus time schedule.  I was in a panic and swallowed some of my words because the bus pick up to said 6:55 AM!!!  There was no way that I was going to send my first grader on the bus that early in the morning.  The kids have often begged me to take them to school in the morning but I refused because we had decent bus time previous years and to get out of the house with four children by 8 AM, I was not into that!  But, we arranged for Yvonne Beiler to pick up Hadassah each morning and to her to high school.  This was huge because then at least I wouldn't have to be out of the house by 7:30 and go to two different schools for drop offs each morning.  Just going to Linville's Main Campus was a blessing!  Thank you so much Yvonne!!!  And driving the children to school each morning really turned into a good time!  It gave us a little more time to be together each morning and we would always say a prayer together on our drive there!  Once we had a schedule, it worked out great!!!


The past few days at school have been SO entertaining!!!  Let me just say that this school knows how to have a good time and we laughed so much at the Awards Assembly on Monday!  School had made a goal for the Community Clean Up Fundraiser and if the goal was met, Mr. Buckwalter and Dr. Hurst had promised to kiss a pig!  The fundraiser was a great success but just short of their goal!  So, these two leaders said that they would kiss a baby pig.  The kids were so excited to witness this!!!

First went on lipstick!  I captured the pig kissing on video and it was so, so funny!!!  Thank you so much Mr. B and Dr. Hurst for such a fun entertainment!!!



Then the children received their awards!!!  Ashlyn received a pink ribbon from track n field day!!!  Good job, Ashlyn!!!



On Tuesday, I took the children to school for the last time for this year and then made a quick stop at a local greenhouse for some herbs!  These were then given to the teachers for their hard work and for a fun, wonderful learning school term for the children!!!  The teachers do really deserve a doctors wages because they are so good!!!  Thank you teachers!!!


Then I went back to school to listen to Ashlyn read her book she created at school.  This was called Author Celebration and she did a great job!!!



Ashlyn really had a terrific year in first grade!!!  Her teachers were such a blessing and have taught her so much!!!  I was able to grab a photo of some of the teachers this year.  This is Mrs. Sission and Mrs. Koenig.  First grade was such a learning year for Ashlyn and now she can spell words and read books!!!  She can add and substract!!!  She has grown academically in leap and bounds!!!


And a huge shout out to Dr. Hurst because her and Ashlyn formed a cute relationship that involved "stick tack" and so many fun hugs and smiles!!!  One day I got a call from school and it was Dr. Hurst asking if she could take Ashlyn, Shakia and Starlyn to go see Starlyn's baby goat and peacock!  Ashlyn was so excited and loved the little outing!!!  Dr. Hurst, you have been such a blessing to us this year!  Thank you, thank you!!!


Matthew finished seventh grade strong and wanted Carson to come along home after school.  We made the arrangements and they had a great time together.  He spent the night and we bless the Holmquist family as they move to Missouri this summer to help train leaders to become missionaries in far away lands!!!


Now that summer vacation has officially began for us and the kids are out of school, it always takes some adjusting!  We sleep in a little bit longer.  We still need to make sure we brush our teeth and get dressed properly!  :)))  It's a cooler day today but we hope to soon be making trips to the pool and enjoy the outdoors together!!!

Hadassah finished up tenth grade well to yesterday!  She had a few days of lots of studying and year end tests!  She is also excited to have the summer off of school and some new jobs starting up for her!  She is out cleaning today for the first on a cleaning crew!  She will have a few days like this each week.  She is so ready to earn some money and put in her working hours!!!

Thank you Linville Hill Christian School for the wonderful year the children at school!!!  We are so blessed to have this be our source of education!!!

Summer vacation is here!!!  Yeah!!!