Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Finished up gymnastics. School supplies. Food. Gazebo.

Yesterday, Ashlyn finished up her last gymnastics class for her very first series.  She loved every minute of it and so that has me wondering if we should enroll her for another set of classes??? 

Positive Fitness does such a fun job at teaching them and introducing the kids to gymnastics.  The humor that is added to each class is funny and fun!  This was a great event for Ashlyn to do during the summer and I would love to keep this up for her but I know that as soon as school begins, the older kids sports schedule will be keeping us stepping!  So, do I add another sport to the mix?

Each week she was introduced to new gymnastic gear.  Today this was the first she used this equipment.




 Here are the wonderful instructors at Positive Fitness! 

Thank you, thank you!!!



You know when you have this deep down feeling about something … I know Ashlyn could get really good at this if we work it!  It just seems to be her niche.  Just like when Hadassah started bumping a volleyball … it's totally her sport.  And when Matthew first held a bat and swung at a ball!  Baseball is his natural sport.  I think maybe this is Ashlyn's niche!?!  I guess only time will truly tell if it's something she would like to do again!

There are only a few weeks of summer vacation left and that makes me so, so sad when I think of it that way!!!  I am choosing to think of it as, "We still have a few weeks of summer vacation left!  Let's make the most of it!!!"

I'm trying to not think of school too much yet because I'm not near ready for that to begin but there are a few things that need done before the big school bus schedule arrives and the back packs get filled up and the lunches get repacked. 

One thing is physicals.  Matthew needed a updated physical before the sports season rolls around!  We went for that the other day and now his charts are up to date with a good healthy report!!!  Hadassah has yet to complete her yearly sports physical.

We did go school shopping yesterday but mainly because it was raining most of the day and it seemed to be a good day to go get those school supplies.






 
When I say that I'm not near ready for school to begin, I really mean that but there have been a few moments when I did think that maybe it's soon time to get these kids back into their studies and routine.  No one seems to want to go to bed before 10:30 PM around here.  Some days they declare that they are bored and have nothing to do.  Other days the trampoline has been a huge blessing this summer and the kids spend literally hours on it jumping and flipping around!  When we went for school supplies, I bought the younger kids both a big glue.  Yesterday, they were cutting out pictures from a magazine and pasted it on a paper.  Austin still needs a bit of help though with this so it didn't last as long as I wished!!!  This is something that we will work on though!!!
 
We hope to use the pool a lot this summer yet but all the prayers that I prayed for rain lately are being answered!!!  We've been having flash flood watches since the weekend!  When I look at my Weather App, it shows thunderstorms and rain for the next 15 days!!! 
 



Ashlyn finished up her library reading program paper and she couldn't wait to go receive all her coupons!!!  Good job girl!!!

Because of the rain outside, it's a good day to get some beans blanched and put in the freezer!!!

 
The other day, after Matthew's physical, we stopped by my favorite camera shop and bought a new, smaller camera case and new lens.  I have the same old camera bag now for at least the past ten years and it is still functional but I was wanting something a bit smaller that can hold only my camera and about one lens.  Not all my lens in one bag.  I bought this and I think it's perfect!!!  And my new "nifty 50 mm" is going to be so fun to use!!!
 

We are eating so many veggies and sweet potatoes, eggs and meats around here because I'm attempting the Whole 30 plan!  I'm not super, by the books strict, about this because there are a few things that I chose to not go without in my life.  One … is cream in my coffee.  Two … is some salad dressings!  I love vegetables and it's a stretch for me to keep out sugar, flour and grains out of daily in take but I'm trying!!!  Whole 30's plan is to avoid all dairy too.  (But I'm using some cream and did have some cheese here and there.)  I miss the cheeses and milk but after thirty days, I'm free to go back to that!!!  It's been lots of salads, eggs and fruits but this is the perfect time to do this!!!  There are road side stands around the corners that are selling fresh watermelon, cantaloupe, greens and tomatoes!!!  What I don't harvest from the garden, I can buy local grown!!!  It's such a blessing to have fresh, farm to table, foods all around us!!!  Whole 30 is just a reminder to me of thinking about all what I put into my mouth.  To eat more healthy choices is a life time goal of mine!!!


Trampoline fun … even in a princess dress!!!



The gazebo is getting moved back a bit and we hope to improve our campfire area!!!  Stay tuned for more renovations!!!












I love to use my big cheese board for much more than cheese!!!  Here's a big fruit platter I took along to our Acquire night last Saturday night!!!  Thanks for hosting us Jonathons!!!



 Fresh fruit with fresh mint and limes is so tasty!!!
 
Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers.  I plant packs of these each year but our ground doesn't always take to these seeds.  So many times, they never grow for me!!!  But, we've got a pile of dirt in the back, back yard yet from our home renovations, and these are growing in it!!!  I cut some and brought them inside!!!  I love it!!!



It's going to be another rainy day but a fun day because we are spending it with cousins!!!  I gotta go wake up the children so we are ready for the fun!!!

Have a great day!!!