Thursday, August 19, 2021

School has begun!

 It's true!  We are back in session with school at Linville Hill!  August 18 seems super early to start up school and we knew we wouldn't be ready any day sooner!  But here we are getting up early, packing lunches again and driving the kids to school.  It's a new year, with new teachers, making new friends and getting back to a school routine.  Once we get started, I'm usually all about it!

This will be a new chapter for in my life.  With all the kids in school EVERY DAY, ALL DAY, I'm home alone.  I hope to use my time wisely and do more visits to my 84 year old grandma, be more intentional to bless others around me and enjoy the quieter season of life.  So far, my first day at "home alone" is spent cleaning the house and going room by room and getting things back in place after the summer vacation.

If you want fun photos, tell your kids to show their teeth!!!  Ashlyn and Austin did a great job getting up and at it the first day of school!  There were nerves, a few tears from a certain little man and getting out the door at 8 AM!  Ashlyn is excited for fifth grade!  She's growing into a little lady and likes school.  She had the butterflies and only ate one bite of toast and called that her breakfast!  Austin was asked a lot if he's ready for school and he always answered with a yes.  But right after I woke him up, he had tears.  Knowing that school with be extra days away from his momma made him sad.  But, as usual, the minute he was up and back into the school morning routine, he was happy to go off to meet his first grade teacher!  I love these kids SO MUCH and can't wait to watch them grow and learn!



Wow, count it a miracle that the Junior Boy gave me a second to snap a picture and call it good enough!  :))). Matthew was out the door extra early for school because some the kids in his class said they were meeting at Wawa for breakfast!  I promise we never did anything of that sort when I was in high school!  Matthew's class does a lot of things together!  They gather once a week for Bible Study at the Chapples home.  Often, they are together another night doing something!  Last week, he came home from work and said he invited some people over from his class.  Is that fine?  Of course!  But then he went on to say that they were going to do a cooking night and wanted to use my kitchen!  OH MY!!!!  Now that was a different kind of yes!  The kids came and they cooked up a storm in the basement kitchen and made brussel sprouts, potatoes and had the whole house smelling like a fryer!  They had a blast though and cleaned up so well before they all went home!

High school is different than elementary.  Matthew plays golf in the fall and has already begun with practices and after school golf games.  He wants to get driving hours in, so he is driving the school kids (along with me) to high school and then he hoppes out and I take the other scholars over to Main Campus.  It works!  Matthew did a great job at his summer job working for his dad and will that but here's to a good start and much learning to take place!




Off we go!



One thing that I love that Linville does is the principles off the school meet and greet the kids as they enter into the school building!  They do this every day of the school term!  It's fun to see the kids smile and give hugs!



Austin goes one direction and Ashlyn goes the other! Both to find their new rooms and meet their teachers!




School was only a half day and when I picked them back up, this was how he opened the door!  Must have been a good time!






We drove off and went to Chickfila with Lena and her boys for lunch!  This was such a fun start to a good year of learning!

I just can't express how grateful we are to have a Christian School to send our children to to learn, hear about God, pray and grow academically and spiritually!  I saw this prayer on Pinterest and had Ashlyn pray it on the way to their first school day!  I love it and bless all the teachers as they teach, inspire and influence the children in their classrooms!




School for 2021/22 is off to a great start!