Tuesday, June 7, 2022

June.

 


June is here and it is beautiful!!!!  We've had the most gorgeous weather since school is out and our summer tans are well on their way!!!!  We spent a few days at the club pool already!  Hadassah joined us the first day while Ashlyn was at the 5th grade pool party!


The strawberries are ripe in the garden and they taste so good with shortcake! 


I'm not the one to talk to about charts and stickers and rewards because I'm not good at this type of thing.  I wish I could be more consistent throughout the entire year but when school is out, I do make some kind of chart for the kids.  This is the one we liked this summer that we found on Pinterest!  It's the simple things like getting dressed, brushing teeth, etc. because the kids still need motivation during the summer to get these done each day!  Plus, Ashlyn loves lists and this is a good guide for them both!


We don't have tomatoes from the garden yet but BTL's are the best on warm, summer days!


LCC has the best foods at the pool!



We are doing it!!!!  A goal of mine this summer is to read aloud a few books to the littles!  Our first read is Summer of the Monkeys and its such a funny, good book!  We are really loving it and it's a good time to practice listening, sitting still and paying attention to what's being read!  We try to read one chapter a day and the other night we watched a storm go through by reading on the front porch!  Then a rainbow showed up!  This is the best life!  Thank you Jesus!



I like when the littles just sit still and listen to me read but I did let them draw one time as I read and Ashlyn drew this on the little white board!



After a rain goes through, I love to check up on the garden!  Things are thriving!



Peony's are in full bloom!  I love these flowers!!!!






We spent another afternoon at the pool and they have the best food!



Wet hair, summer tans, good foods .... I just know that if I blink these children will be all grown up and I'll try my best to remember these good ole days!


Friday night, Hadassah and Jeremiah came over and we roasted steak on the camp fire!


Ashlyn went with Anne and Sierra to Blessings of Hope and she came home with a bag of maple bacon.  We cooked it right on the campfire and loved it!  This must be summer time!!!!!


On Saturday, Mike and I went to Urban Southern's open house and tried Skips food truck food!  The fries were SO delicious!!!!  Fun outings together are the best!  We shopped at the open house, ate lunch together with licking our fingers from these good fries, gave Hadassah a coffee as she cleaned Mike's new shop building and stopped at a greenhouse!  Mike and I love quick outings/dates like these!  You just can't make them happen but go with it as it comes!  He went golfing with Matthew in the afternoon and loved that too!  Thank you Babe for spending time with me and doing outings like this together!


We made lots of s'mores over the weekend!






Shakia was here for the a few days and we relaxed again pool side!!!!  We love summer time!



June is the month to relax, harvest sugar peas and pick strawberries and I'm loving all the lettuce we planted earlier ... it's the best!!!!  We are loving the sleep in mornings and later nights outside!

Enjoy your summer!