Wednesday, August 24, 2022

First day of 2022/23 school!!!!

The first day of school is here!  The kids were excited after we visited their classes yesterday, said hello to the new teachers and talk about how this year will look for our family this school term!  

Ashlyn seemed a bit nervous because she is moving up to Upper School which means a new school building for her, new teachers, multiple teachers each day and riding to school with Matthew!  After we walked through the school, she seemed at home and ready to start her sixth grade year!

Austin is excited about a new teacher for second grade and it was only him and I driving to school this morning together.  I had to hold back emotions as I watched Matthew drive off with Ashlyn with him.  Both of them are in upper school now.  Senior and sixth graders.

We normally carpool with Lena but this year we got really good bus times.  I think we are going to try that new adventure and send the kids on the bus!  We have lots to be thankful for!


Ready and set for a good year!






It was really weird to have just Austin and I in the Audi this morning.  It was also really weird watching the older school kids drive off to upper school.



Pinterest has the best ideas!!!!  


We pulled into elementary and kids were walking in and teachers were welcoming everyone!  We love this school family!




It's so good to see the kids see their school friends again!


Austin is going to do great in second grade!

Ashlyn was so excited to see her school friends again!


It's a challenge to get photos of the Senior boy mostly because I don't follow him around like I do the little ones but I was blessed to see all the high school kids together in the school yard while I was on my way to a hot lunch meeting at The Houston Cafe!





We had a good start to a good year with the best of teachers!!!!!