Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's A Girl!!!

Ashlyn Marie Lapp was born yesterday morning by c - section!!!!  She's healthy, she's adorable, she's got ten tiny toes, ten tiny fingers, and is doing so well!  SHE IS 'REAL LIFE'!  She weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz., 20 1/2 inches long.

As for me, well let me just say, next week looks much more appealing and getting through the first couple of days after surgery you put things in a survival mood.  Moving, getting in and out of bed and even trying to get comfortable in bed is a HUGE challenge!  Even though giving birth to a child is not easy, Ashlyn is so worth it!  The first time I got to hold her and kiss her soft cheeks, is something I will treasure forever.  Mike is in total awl and loves her so much!  He's a daddy that likes to hold his children from day one!  She snuggles in his strong, masculine arms and I'm sure she feels like she's in the safest place in the whole world!  I think he said every hour since he's been with her, "She's so cute!"

She was born at 7:57 AM.  Hadassah & Matthew spent the night before at my parents and they both had school on Wednesday.  They were the first ones that Mike called!  They were so excited!!!!!!  Hadassah squealed with glee and was so thrilled!  Matthew was happy too, but not so expressive (all boy).  They both went to school and told their classmates and teachers and then got to see their little sister that afternoon!

Hadassah came into my room bubbling with joy and ready to meet Ashlyn.  She wanted to see her right away.  Hold her.  Kiss her.  Meet her!  Matthew was a lot more timid.  He looked at Ashlyn and smiled!  He touched her and adored her.  He looked at me and said, "Mom your belly is still a little fat."  He seems to absorb the obvious things. (Smile)  Give me a few weeks/months little guy ... please! 

Pray for me as I go through the recovery stages!

I will try posting some pics in the near future.