Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pumpkin!!!

I think I figured out our Internet problem!!!  We can connect again here in the basement, so maybe now I can post a little bit oftener!  :)

I love pumpkin foods!!!  Yesterday, both my little ones were sleeping and I decided to look on Pinterest for a pumpkin cookie recipe.  Hadassah went to the cabin with Courtney yesterday afternoon and I thought it would be nice to send some along with them.

I mixed.  Baked. Piped on some icing and got to smell the wonderful aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg being baked together!!!  I love these spices!!!  Mom opened the door upstairs and said, "My what smells so good?"  :)



I only made half the recipe.  I also used my own cooked pumpkin.  I didn't have any canned pumpkin on hand.

2 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 15 oz. canned pumpkin
4 c. flour

Frosting:
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 c. powdered sugar
cinnamon sprinkled on top

Mix all the cookies ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. 
For the frosting, melt the butter and brown sugar together and then beat in the rest of the ingredients.  Spread over cooled cookies.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Enjoy!!!  :)
-----------------------------------------
And one of the benefits of living in the basement here at dad's is receiving some of moms good baking!!!  She loves to make pumpkin pies and we love to taste them!  :)))  She blessed us with one just this morning!  Yum!!!


--------------------------------------
I also have a pumpkin bar recipe that we love!!!  I may have shared it on here before but it's worth sharing again! 

4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cup sugar
2 cup pumpkin
2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Beat eggs.  Add oil, sugar and pumpkin; beat well.  Sift dry ingredients together and stir into pumpkin mixture.  Pour into a 13x18 cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick of butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

I get complements all the time when I make these!!!  If you need a simple dessert for thanksgiving, try these bars!!!  You will not be disappointed!!!

-----------------------------
I just got our Christmas cards in the mail, so today I will stuff all our envelopes and maybe even put some fresh pine greens in my outdoor pots.  (That is if I get back home to get my pots out of our totally messy barn!)  When we do move back home, we will want it to be decorated for the best holiday of the year ... Christmas!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!  Give thanks!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!