Saturday, November 12, 2016

Nothing planned!!!!

It's been like in forever that we had nothing planned for the whole weekend!!!  And as I type this I don't mean that in a bad why or a good why I guess.?.  :)  Having things planned means we have loving friends and family that like to get together.  My calendar gets so filled up with all kinds of activities but this weekend there is nothing written in any of the Friday, Saturday or Sunday boxes!!!  Coming out of a very happening week, I am completely fine with that!!!  Our teenager, however, is not!  She's been texting me from work wanting to go get our nails done or do something.  It's like she can't stand the matter that we might actually have a few nights at home ... in a row!  :))))  Mike and I are just enjoying the moment of not being so pushed.  I must add that we like to have things planned but if it's day events plus evening events, it makes us weary pretty fast!

I said that the air got colder and that means we now need to bundle up with warmer clothes!  Austin has a runny nose from being outside with Mike the other night.  He loves, loves to be with his dad and Mike was outside digging post holes for the new basketball net system.  He didn't mind one bit getting cold as long as he could be with his dad. 

This was Austin the other morning waiting the school bus.  He waves to the kids as they get on the bus!  It's so cute!!!

This used to be Matthew's jacket!!!  I think it's still so cute!!!

His wave ...

I had to ask why we planned such a fun night out on Thursday night when our week has already been packed to the max!?!  We had two church gatherings (which I skipped out twice.  Sad.).  I babysat twice.  We attended a viewing, funeral PLUS an employee wedding.  And it was only Thursday!  (Big eyes!)  Mike planned a night out with Dave and Sonia to go to Cheesecake Factory.  He wanted to thank them for all their many years of being an Elder at church.  I love Cheesecake Factory, so I took a deep breath and went along happily!  It was so much fun!  Good food and lots of great fellowship!  Dave's have become such wonderful friends in the past two years!!!  And because Hadassah was our babysitter for the night, I promised her a piece of cheesecake!  Which one did she choose?

Lemon Raspberry!  Great choice!

Ever since time changed, it is getting Austin up earlier!  He wakes up around 6 each morning now.  Waiting for his nap until after lunch is hard for him.  And me.  Because he is so tired if I hold him off till noon.  I needed to wipe up the kitchen floor and to keep him from walking in circles on my wet floor, I offered him a pretzel in his high chair.  Soon I noticed it got really quiet and here he fell asleep.  I put him to bed at 10:30 and he slept for 3 1/2 hours!  That gave me some quiet time to finish up laundry and blow more leaves outside!


I also got to sit down and jot a list that I will be looking at more and more the next upcoming weeks.  I can't believe it's time to start thinking about the holidays!  We are excited and can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas!


Ever since we went to Cleveland a few weeks ago, I've been wanting another carrot, apple and celery drink!  I asked mom in law if I can borrow her juicer for awhile but when I went for it today, she wasn't home.  So, I swung by Lena's and now I am borrowing hers.  I have always liked the juice idea and the tastes!  But to buy one I wasn't sure about?  Would I really get my use out of it?  Or would it be a think I do and then set on the shelf?  I finally, after years of thinking about it, added it to my Christmas list!  :)  If I get a little or a lot of health benefits from it, then yeah!!!

I love this combination!  Two large carrots.  One large apple.  Two celery stalks.  Add a handful of chia seeds yet and yummy!!!  Austin does too!!!  He kept asking me for more and more!


I am off to enjoy a lazy weekend!  Here at home!!! 

I am so blessed!

And if anyone wants to play settlers or games or put puzzles together or drink coffee ... let me know.  We may or may not show up.  :)))