Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November is keeping us busy.

This has been a crazy week so far for us!!!  We came out of an emotional weekend.  It's been filled with many events, tears, seeing old friends and looking back at past memories.
 
HK Fisher went to be with the Lord on Friday night.  It has been a tough battle of Prostrate Cancer for him the last year.  It has been so tough for his family to see him die.  I have known HK ever since I was eight years old.  Mom and Dad took our family to Spring Garden Church when I was eight.  It was there that I got to meet my best friends, Mike and make friendships that will last a life time!!!  HK was the father of my best friend!  Rosa and I have spent so much time together with her parents!  We traveled to Florida, Indiana, Perry County, Buffalo Valley and so many other places together.  I was in and out of HK and Lynn's home A LOT!!!  After I was married, Mike and I continued to keep close connections to the Fisher family!!!  I was honored to help with many of HK's auctions and I will forever think he is the best auctioneer out there!!!  My love for auctions have defiantly stemmed from his auctions!!!
 
HK & Lynn have been such faithful leaders in the church where I grew up.  He helped other churches get through tough issues in life.  That's why we have so many friends in Davis County, Indiana.  My parents have volunteered to go along on many weekend trips to Davis County when I was young.  Even though a lot of the meetings where focused on problems, we made many great memories!    

HK baptized both Mike and I into the church of God.  He preached at our wedding and married us!  He prayed over our infants at baby dedications.  He preached at every Council and Communion service and I loved his sermons about Joseph!  He said so often to me, "Thank you kiddo for all you do."  I was the one that printed out the church bulletins for years and he always noticed the work and effort that goes behind all of that!  I guess with him knowing me for so long I was still a kiddo in his eyes.  That's OK with me.  :)))

I had the privilege to visit him the week before he died.  I went back to his bedroom and had a good short visit with him.  He talked weak.  I knew he wasn't well.  Then when I went for another short visit on Wednesday, he was much weaker.  Now in a hospital bed.  Not able to talk much anymore.  He did raise his eye brows when Rosa and I walked to his bedside.  He knew who I was.  He was breathing a lot harder.  He was facing his last days here on earth.

When Mom called on Friday night and said that HK died, it was sad.  I felt so bad for his family.  I had a flood of memories come to mind.  Now, the past few days have been spent with the Fisher's.  Please continue to pray for the Fisher family and especially for Lynn.  She now finds a new normal in life.  A new routine.  New challenges.  Pray that she can remember that this is not a goodbye but a see you later!!!

I love you Lynn!

This is HK signing his name on our marriage certificate.


 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

 
Our "little man" is still little on the doctors chart with his weight but above average with his height!  Austin is already 16 months old.  I made the comment the other night to Mike that "this is why we have babies".  :)))  I love his stage right now.  He can say some words.  He can express what he wants.  He sleeps ALL night!!!  There are not enough words to describe how cute he is!!!  Austin CANNOT get enough of his dad!!!  He cries every time Mike leaves home.  He lights up the second he sees Mike come home from work!!!  Austin is healthy and thriving in life!!!
 
 
Ashlyn got her first report card!!!  She was so proud and happy to bring this home for us to see!!!  I do wish that she would be all smiles when it's a school day though.  Ashlyn is struggling with school days.  Actually, with the bus ride.  She seems to be doing fine in the classroom but sheds tears on the bus.  This morning she was up at 6 AM snuggling with Mike before she had to get ready for school.  She begged Matthew to let her sit with him on the bus.  Mike promised her that he would pick her up at school today ... again.  That brought a smile but her comment was that she still can't wait for the end of the school day.  This takes me for such a surprise because Ashlyn loves people and all the different school activities.  She made us laugh yesterday when she said, "Mom I wish you were my teacher.  And Dad I wish you were the hot lunch people."  :))))  (She does love Miss Petersheim and really enjoys hot lunch.)  It does feel good to be loved.  :)
 
You got this girl!!! 


\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

With living such a crazy schedule lately, Mike and I try to find some time out for just us!!!  We actually didn't have any "plans" last Friday night and so we took that night as a "date night" for us!  The kids went to sitters as we called up my parents and said that we were coming to pick them up and take them with us!!!  We had a blast!!!!  They never ate at a Bonefish Grill.  We had gift cards to use there ... so that was a win, win.  The food was so amazing but the night out with my parents was just as amazing.  We laughed as we ate.  The night out was so much fun!  Thanks mom and dad for going with us!

Mike got the Ahi Tuna and I ordered the Saucy Shrimp.  Both dishes were outstanding and we would totally go for these same foods again!!!


I barely touched my sides that night but they made for a great lunch the next day!  Yummy sweet potato mashers and lobster mac and cheese!


\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

It is Fall and the leaves are falling!!!  We blew together a few piles of leaves the other day and Ashlyn loved jumping through them.  Austin didn't like it so much and just watched from the side lines. 

 

 
Yes, we did vote!  After the funeral service yesterday of HK, Mike and I stopped by the poles to cast our votes.  I prayed for God's hand in this whole election and so when I woke up this morning with my alarm radio saying something about Clinton's victory, my heart did sink!!!  I'm not sure what I heard wrong but it wasn't long before Mike took a look on his phone at who won the 2016 Presidential Election.  He said, "Donald Trump won!!!"  I looked at him again and said "what?"  "Wow!!!  How awesome!"  I couldn't wait to tell Matthew this morning because it was him and I up last night trying to stay awake for the election results.  We all ended up all in bed before the results were all in.  I am so happy to know that the Republicans now have the upper hand.  May God still have our nations heart and motives!!!

 
 
Because it is autumn, I roasted a spaghetti squash for lunch today.  I only ate half of it because even though the spaghetti squash was small, it made a lot!  I'll save the rest for later!  I topped it with chili, cheese and sour cream.  I love squash and spaghetti squash really is a lot like spaghetti.  Except that spaghetti squash is a vegetable!!!  So good!!!  Try it!
 

Now, I am catching up on the news about the election day yesterday.  It looks hopeful for us Republicans but God still really needs to be our focus!!!  We need to have revival in our own hearts so that others may get to know Jesus as their personal Savior!  Spread the word of God!  May the healing of our nation begin today!!!

God bless America!!!