Monday, March 6, 2017

Extra kids ...



Our house has had a lot of extra noise, laughter, toys and even tears this past week!  Hunter and Adrian are staying here while their mom is visiting Dad Lapp in Mexico.  Cousins are great friends and for the most part these get along well. 
 
Lena went to Mexico to visit her parents.  Dad Lapp is still there in the hospital recovering from pancreas surgery and cancer treatments.  We are hoping to have them all back home by this weekend!!!
 
Hunter and Adrian came here on Wednesday night.  They are always welcome here and we as families are together quit a bit.  So, to have them stay here for five days straight should go well.  (Lena sure does her share of babysitting our children as well!)  I'm not gonna lie and tell you that our days are all problem free.  No.  I am extra busy with the extra foods, extra clean ups and I will just never get used to having a messy house.  Finding the balance between playing or making a total mess out of things is a work in progress with my kids!  Especially, when there are other friends in the house!  I did realize that the more toys that are available to play with the greater the mess.  There really isn't a need for twenty cars and trucks mixed in with all the tinker toys and then tons of little play house accessories piled on top.  I have learned to let the kids have a fun time with toys but when it's time to clean up, let them help with the chore!!!
 
The first night went great!  Adrian was in the pack and play in our bedroom closet and Hunter was with Matthew in his room.  Thursday the kids played and played.  I got the house cleaning done.  It was around 2:00 and someone knocked on the door!  Here was Marlene with two big lattes!  One for me and one for her.  What a nice surprise!!!  She came all the way to my house and delivered me a hot drink all because she knew I had extra kids in the house!!!  That's what a good friend does ... makes a surprise stop for a friendly chat and a good drink!!!  The kids were happy to see her children!  Thanks Marlene for coming by!!!  Thursday night Hadassah had volleyball games so Matt (the boys dad) watched Hunter, Adrian and Ashlyn for me.  We picked them up at 9:30 PM and bedtime went smooth once again!
 
Then Friday came.  Mike was still out of town since Tuesday.  I didn't have his help while babysitting and I missed him like crazy.  I was up a few times during the night with the little guys.  The kids played pretty nice during the day.  I did have to get our Little Miss to drink some apple cider vinegar though to help change an attitude problem.  Janae came over to the house while I made a few stops and took Hadassah into work.  It was a nice get out and she even made us a big batch of fiber balls while I was out.  It was time to start supper when I got home.  The kids were home from school.  After supper time, I stuck the boys in the tub.  Austin was just not being happy.  I thought maybe something was hurting him but I didn't notice any bruises.  He was so whiny all evening.  I took a deep breathe.  Matthew helped me with the little ones.  There were dishes to do.  Tons of toys to clean up.  My floor was crumby and Little Man was not happy.  I prayed for God to help me and you know what???  He did!!!  Austin was asleep and the house was all cleaned up by the time Matt brought Hadassah home from the donut shop!!!  I was so thankful that he could bring her home and that I wouldn't need to run into the city to pick her up yet!!!  It was Friday night and so the kids got to watch some Paw Patrol and eat popcorn!!!  Matt did decide to take the boys with him home to sleep.  They seemed like they were ready for their own beds and home.
 
Saturday morning came early for me.  Austin was feverish all night and up crying a few times.  I needed to take Hadassah into the donut shop again by 8.  I bundled Austin up and when we pulled into Beiler's Donuts, he started whining.  He knows this place by now and was wanting a donut.  Hadassah loves to spoil him with these and so she quick ran inside to get him a sprinkled donut.  At first, I didn't like the idea of him eating sweets with a fever and not feeling well.  However, I was pretty certain that it was all from his eye teeth coming in!  He didn't want his nuk.  He hardly ate and when he did, he cried.  I figured he wouldn't eat the donut anyway.  When I got back home, Matthew and Ashlyn were still sleeping so good!!!  It was quite until 9:45 AM!  Matt dropped the boys off while he made some stops.  I held Austin A LOT!!!  He was feverish and miserable.   Ashlyn went with Matt and the boys to his parents for supper that evening.  Ashlyn was all smiles when she came back home with a gift from Emma.  :)))  Jess came over and spent the night hanging out with Hadassah.
 
Sunday was a day at home.  I woke up at 4 AM with Austin crying.  When I went to get him, his feet were so cold!!!  I walked out to the kitchen and the house was 62 degrees!!!!  So cold.  Somehow the heat got switched to temporary tempts instead of permanent.  I fixed the settings and snuggled Austin while the house got warmed up.  We decided to watch church online here at home.  Austin was still not feeling well.  By afternoon, Austin was up playing with toys and seemed better.  Mom invited all of us kids to come to their house for supper.  I was glad to have Austin think something else instead of his sore gums!!!  He loves dad's cows and got to see them!!!  Matt had Hunter and Adrian all day and decided to keep them for overnight again.
 
Now it's Monday.  The boys are back at our house.  The puzzles are being put together.  Laundry is being done.  It's the start of a brand new week!!! 
 
Mike came back home last night safe and sound!!!  Austin was so happy to have his daddy home!!!  He was in Arizona since Tuesday golfing.  We missed so much!!!      

Now it's Monday.  The boys are back for one day here at our house.  Puzzles are being put together.  Laundry is being done.  It's the start of a brand new week.  Austin is dealing with sore gums and still having some Motrin to help with the pain.  I'm blessed to have little chatter in the house and now I'm off to clean up the floor.  I made a fresh batch of Playdoo and the kids have been having a blast with it!!!  Now there are lots of tiny pieces on the floor and I don't want anyone pressing it into my rug!!!

Making memories!!!





 
Playing doctor ...
 








My drink from Marlene!


Sweet dear.  Please get well!!!

Here's a note Ashlyn made for her daddy last night!!!  So cute!

Here's the clan for today!!!




Cheers to a sunny day!!!  For healthy kids!!!  For hot chocolate and coffee!!!  And especially for God's help as I care for these dear children!!!