Monday, October 9, 2017

In Loving Memory!!!

We just came through a crazy busy weekend and I already can't wait for the next!!!  Maybe it will be a bit more relaxing???  I know that we control our schedules, right, but sometimes I wonder if that statement is always true.?.  We always have something going.  Always some place to go or some place to be or something to get done.  Mike and I both like to do things and we HATE to miss out.  Maybe that's the main downer right there for having a busy schedule?  Usually, you have a spouse that likes to stay home and one that likes to go, go.  Mike and I both like to go places ... hence for the business I guess.

Friday, Hadassah did internship for school which means she worked at one of Mike's shed lots instead of going to 'school'.  Linville Hill High School has this program to get the teens out on the working field a bit more so that that can steer them into what their interests are for the future work force.  Hadassah is really liking the job but it does require some driving time to and from work.  Friday evening, she came home from work with Rosie, Mike's sister, and because Hadassah needed to be picked up in Exton anyway, we decided to make a night out of it and watch Jeff's football game!!!  But first, we made a quick stop at September Farms because a friend texted me and said that if your name is Lori or Lukas, you get free ice cream that day.  That Pumpkin Pecan Pie Ice cream was so yummy!!!!  :)))  We then headed to the football to watch my nephew, Jeff, play defence.  And they won!!! 


Saturday was a full day.  Honey brook Community Church, where we attend, is building a church and as a fundraiser, there was a 5K run and then an auction/family fun day in Honey brook for anyone who wanted to attend.  Mike ran in the 5K and even though he said it was a hard run for him, he finished in good time and did great!  We stayed for the auction and the kids had a ton of fun with their friends outdoors.  Ashlyn made a funny comment to one of friends that afternoon.  "My mom just don't ever buy me a pony!"  I laughed and laughed.  There were two pony's that got sold at the auction and she begged to tears for us to buy one for her.  I tried to tell her that pony's need a barn and food and a meadow and care ... but she thought she could provide all of that.  Or at least have her Daudy help her out with boarding the pony till we get a barn.  Sigh.  The pony's were sold and we did not buy them.



There was delicious chicken BBQ and homemade donuts at the fun day too!!!


We left the auction as soon as it was over because we also had a full night ahead of us.  (This is what I mean about full schedules.)  Mom Lapp invited all of us children to go to Dad's graveyard and put his tomb stone in place.  We wanted to do this and it was a special time!  Mike's mom and siblings all gathered around Dad's gravesite and watched the men dig a hole and place the tomb stone just perfect.  It was emotional and I still can't believe some days that Dad Lapp is no longer here on this earth.  He's gone and will never be back here. 








Mike hopped on with Ervin and his horse for a ride back to Mom's!!!


We then all went back to Mom's for a super yummy supper and fellowship.  It seemed like a Thanksgiving dinner but without Dad there.  It's hard and sad but we sang some songs and did really have a good time just being together again!!!  Mike's family is very special to me and I love them like my own family!!!  I miss Dad not being there and so does everyone else!!!

Sunday we went to church and had feet washing during the morning service.  Remembering and rereading how Jesus was a servant and how he shared a feet washing moment with his disciples is why we do the same still today.  Serving others, especially those in our churches and families is so important!!!  We Christians need each other and this was just another reminder to me to serve others with a grateful heart!

We got invited to John and Suz for a quick, impromptu lunch.  So, after we dropped off our teenager at home and I grabbed some quick dessert, we ate delicious sausage and meatballs off of John's grill!!!  The lunch was tasty and we love to be with John's and John's!!!  :)

It was time for naps and some relaxing time at home before heading back to church for our communion service.  I whipped together some dessert tacos and off we went again.  This time we sang songs of Christ's death and resurrection and then heard about how he died for our sins and that he rose again!!!  I loved all the communion messages I used to hear growing up and this story is still so real for me today.  Reading and actually going through the crucifixion stages and remembering all that Jesus went through for me is humbling.  There is nothing I can do to repay Jesus for the gift of eternal life other than love Him with all my heart, mind, soul and strength.  I can help others and be encouraging!!!  Letting my light shine to all who see me is always a goal I'll have!!!  Thank you Jesus for dying for me!!!

There was a fellowship meal after the evening service and sitting with our church friends is so much fun!!!  We were really ready to be back home though and get ready for bed!!!

Now, it's Monday.  The kids did good with getting up for school this morning.  I was a bit disturbed when I put a load of laundry in the washer and it wasn't spinning or working correctly.  I had so much laundry from the weekend and I really didn't feel like going to the laundrymat but that's what happened.  I filled five washers up before heading off to Bible Study.  This study on Gideon from Priscilla Shirer is SO good!!!  I'm like a sponge and drink up as much as I can before heading out those church doors and go tackle my laundry pile!!!

Hadassah has a volleyball game tonight but because we've been so busy and it's out of town, I guess I'll have to miss this game.  Sad.  Go Linville!!!