Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October weather is here and so are the two year old attitudes.

It's now October.  The months go by so fast and the last time I posted it was still feeling like summer outside.  Not anymore.  The lovely autumn air has come and we are now reaching for those knit sweaters and cozy blankets.  The fireplace goes on for just a bit in the morning to get the chill out and the tile is heated up nicely during the nights.  It still gets so beautiful outside during the afternoon!!!  That heavenly sunlight and warmth still feels so amazing when I'm pushing Austin on the swings or working in the gardens or mowing the lawn.

Yesterday was such a stressful day with our two year old that I feel like I need to post it.  One reason is because this blog has become something I look back on and read from time to time.  Two, because he is two years old now and likes he can do a lot of things by himself.  And I'm usually OK with that idea and helping him when he asks but yesterday was a day full, I mean to the tippy top full, of whines!!!  :/  He woke up grouchy.  He complained the entire time we took the kids to school.  By 10:30, I was so frustrated and told him that's it's already nap time.  I laid him down and hoped he would sleep soon!!!  FAILED.  He was just miserable.  I was trying to clean out some bathroom drawers and get some housecleaning done but instead I decided to go get some groceries and maybe that would help change his mood.  Nope.  The minute we got to the store, he wanted one of those car carts.  I just about refuse to push them big carts because half the time he is in and out of them and I'm trying to grab some groceries and steer that huge cart with him not even in it.  So I grabbed another cart.  We walked in with him screaming.  The rest of the shopping did go OK and we made it back home.  Only to start whining again.  This time I was serious about nap time but it took three times to put him back into his bed and some disciplining!!!  Why are some days such a mess and others are good?  I enjoyed the quiet and peaceful 2 hours of him sleeping but when he woke up, he was a bear!!!  He cried and whined and I didn't know what was wrong.  Was it an attitude problem or was something not feeling well???  I tried to look at books with him.  I offered him food.  We sat on the front swings.  But nothing seemed to help.  Finally, Matthew and Ashlyn came home and that turned his attitude for the better!!!  Austin is a super aggressive little man and he has lots of energy.  Mike and I have already said many times that he is gonna keep us young!!!  :)  We love this about him but on off days that are filled with whining and bad attitudes really wear me out!!!

Mike came home from work and after supper, he gave Austin a moped ride and was with him awhile before it was time to head off to Hadassah's volleyball game.  How would this go???  I was tempted to send him along with Mike to his Extended Leadership Church Meeting but even though my flesh wanted to, the meeting would have not been the right place for him!!!  So, he went with me to the volleyball game.  Hunter and Adrian were there too and he gave them some of his toys to play with but seconds later he wanted to trade.  Austin sat on my lap a lot and did help to cheer some.  I think that's why his voice sounds kind of hoarse today.?.  (Hadassah's team won three in a row again!!!)

We came home for baths and bedtime.  I couldn't wait for 9 PM and to tuck his little tired body into bed!!!  This momma was tired too!  Parenting can be rough some days but it will never, ever lessen my love for our children!!!  They are blessings and I love being their mom!!!

This morning, Austin actually had to be woken up because he slept till it was time to leave for school.  Believe me, I was hesitant and not sure how he was going to be like.  But, but he surprised me!!!  He's surprising me all day now because he is so sweet and plays with his toys like it's the best idea around!!!  :)))  Praise the Lord!!!

Because the weather is so nice outside today and because Austin is being so sweet, we took a drive over to New Holland to check out the fair things.  I thought that the animals would be there already and the rides would be up and going.  But not yet.  Austin didn't care a bit because he spied the tractors!!!  He loves, loves tractors and sat on them for awhile. 







And because I did tell him that would see some goats, we went to Hayloft Candles and visit their pets.


During these wonderful, fun two year old stages, we are loving how Austin communicates with us!  His words are so cute!!!  He loves whoopee pies and the other night he asked for one.  Mike wanted a bite and he said, "Daddy, get your own."  :)))




 
I love you, Ausitn!!!