Friday, April 13, 2018

Spring weather has arrived!!!

Spring weather has finally arrived and we are so enjoying it!!!  Yesterday, the kids came home from school and went straight outside!!!  Matthew pushed the trampoline over against Ashlyn's little playhouse and they were carefully climbing on the side of the roof and then jumping onto the trampoline.  I was gonna put a stop to the high jumps but then I didn't.  I was so glad to have them playing outside and I knew Matthew was being careful and helping Ashlyn!

And while they jumped, we had the sprinkler going in the garden.  I planted my greens and seeds the other day and it's important to keep them watered!

As they jumped, Austin was riding his "hunting jeep".  He loves this Christmas gift and rides all around the property.  This time without a jacket and in flip flops.  The kids kinda go nuts with their attire when the weather is warmer.  Ashlyn came flying in through the back door and said she's gonna put on shorts.  Matthew was bare feet.  I grabbed Austins shoes and demanded he keep them on while playing outside.  I know the weather seems warmer but the ground is still cool and I'm not interested in any more sickness this Spring!!!  When they all came back inside at dusk, I almost forgot to give Ashlyn her spelling word practice sheet and go over Bible Memory.  We still have a few more weeks of school left and we will be ready for summer vacation, but until then ... we press on!

I was working so hard here at home yesterday and just knew that by the end of the day, my muscles were gonna be sore!!!  :/  I started with taking the kids to school and then I needed to drop Hadassah off at the high school because she didn't have any other ride this morning.  Austin and I came home and I got a text from Lena asking for some children's meds.  Adrian wasn't feeling the best and I sure hope he's not getting what Austin had all last week!!!  I took some Motrin out and we brought Hunter along home with us.  Austin loves to play with Hunter and I figured it would be a great playmate while I clean the house.  Bethany couldn't come help me clean today, so I had it all to do by myself.  I got right to cleaning as the boys played. 

I was always glad that the one instrument Hadassah played was the piano and I pitied the moms of drummers.  Well, Austin is intrigued so much by drums and is always looking for Josh at church, since he's the drummer.  The other week, Josh gave Austin a set of drum sticks and this was SO cool to Austin!!!  Hunter and Austin really had it going for a little bit!


After giving the boys lunch and finishing up cleaning my floors, I headed outside.  I knew that Hadassah might not be able to find a ride home from school today and that means I need to pick up the kids at main campus.  I tucked my phone in my pocket and decided to get to some outside work until she calls me.  I started with the edging!  Austin was napping and I ended up doing all of it!!!  Oh boy, my muscles are going to be screaming at me tonight!!!  She did text and say she needs a ride, so I dropped my work and we went to pick up the children at school.  We stopped at Latte Love for some refreshing drinks and then came home to jump on the mower.  But it didn't start!!!  Hadassah was wanting to mow for me but now we need to wait till Mike comes home from work and get it started for us.  Meanwhile, I raked and pulled weeds in the flower beds.  I can't believe it but the outside work is being worked on and it won't be long before we will be ready for mulch and flowers!!!!  Mom Lapp said the other day that she might plant some petunias by the end of the week and honestly I said, "Oh wow!  I'm not near ready for that yet!!!"  But, here I am with the edging done and the weeds mostly pulled and after taking Hadassah to her volleyball practice, Mike had the mower started and ready to go.  Austin and I jumped on the mower and off we went!!!  The grass was clumpy and not real high just yet but it looks nice with fresh mower marks and it all even!!!  Now, the mowing season officially began.


I just felt all day long like I was going, going, going.  This warmer weather is exactly what we were waiting for and we are now taking advantage of it!!! 

And now today is going to be another warmer day!!!  In the 80's!!!  Our weather pattern has been unusual and even though I love 80 degree days, I hope we didn't skip out on the 70 degree days!!!  I'm sure they will come and more consistent as the days go past.  This is one thing that I don't like about Spring that the days are not consistent.  It's usually lots of rain showers and one day warm and the next day cold.  But it's so good for the garden seeds and plants!!!

Here's a flashback of some of our week ...

Yes, that is snow falling while Matthew practises for his ballgame.  Matthew's first game was scheduled for Monday night.  Mike had meetings to attend, so I was the one to wrap up the children and take Matthew to his game.  He was excited but I was trying to come up with a good idea for the other kids.  Ashlyn's been begging to watch Dolphin Tales, so we borrowed the movie from my sister and popped a big bag of popcorn.  We grabbed some blankets and off to the ballpark we went.  Matthew jumped out and joined his team.  It was snowing and snowing and so cold outside.  Matthew was still lagging from not feeling well most of last week and I didn't like that he was getting wet and cold but he was so into his game.  Meanwhile, Ashlyn, Austin and I put the movie in the DVD player in the Yukon, wrapped ourselves in blankets and watched the movie in the ballpark parking lot.  Austin was still not 100% either from being sick last week (it was a long week of fevers, coughs and not feeling well.)  So, staying inside (or at least not out in the snow) was the best choice!!!  It was fun!  But soon Matthew came and hopped in the Yukon totally not impressed.  The game was canceled because not enough of the boys showed up.

 
 



 And since Austin was not feeling the greatest, he's been taking a lot of baths.  I added Epsom Salt and oils and let him soak!  He asked for his tractors and then Lego's.  This is one fun way to soak in the minerals and oils!!!


The weekend is upon us and I'm not complaining about that!!!  I'm so ready to go to some fun yard sales, go watch Hadassah play in her volleyball tournament, be outside and love on my family!!!  April is a busy month for us and the next upcoming weeks is filled to the brim with church events!  Mike is in charge of the building project at church and this is requiring lots of meetings, lots of work days in Honey Brook and lots of organizing breaks and foods for our working men!!!  Honey Brook Community Church has been working hard and praying for a new building for years and now that the church is finally getting built, we are all excited!!!  Mike is also on the school board and that to has been filling up his time with meetings.  Linville Hill Christian School is growing fast and there are some important decisions being made that will affect our school for years to come.  Mike loves both of these boards and they are tugging at him at all sides these days. 

We love Spring time and especially the warmer days!!!  I'm off to go finish the laundry and then work outside again!!!  I love sunny days!!!