Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Fall Days.


Ginger just had a birthday and is now 8 years old.  Ashlyn was sure to make it special for her.  :)  She made a card for her at school and came home to stick a doggy treat inside of it before giving it to Ginger!  She's so sweet!


---------------------------------------------

Grandparents Day at school looks like it was a good day!!!  Love my parents so much and love how they love our children!!!  Thanks Mom and Dad for taking time out for the kids today!


--------------------------------------

I could write volumes on these two right here!!!  Yesterday, Austin was whinging and saying "I want Adrian to be my new best friend!!!!!!"  I thought he always was because Austin begs EVERY SINGLE DAY to go to Adrian's house!!!  It's way too handy to have them live just down the street and we stop in often enough!!!  These two decided to put marker on their faces the other day to pretend they are pirates!!!  Cousins are the best gift!!!



----------------------------------

It's a bright, brisk fall day today.  The kitchen is now smelling like warm pumpkin because I just baked a fresh batch of Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Brown Butter Icing!  I found the recipe on Pinterest! 

 

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. clove
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Icing:
3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream all cookie ingredients together.  Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes. 

Icing - brown butter and cool for three minutes.  Beat it with the other icing ingredients and spread on top of cooled pumpkin cookies!

---------------------------------------

October is just rolling right along and before we know it will be Thanksgiving and then on to Christmas!  I'm already play9ing a few Christmas songs here at home.  But I have an explanation, even though I'm not looking for an excuse!!!  The other night we watched movie together as a family and it's called "The Star".  We watched it last year in theaters and totally loved it!  After we re watched it the other night, I immediately ordered it from Amazon!  It's one you might wasn't to add to your video library as well!!!  We've watched it on the way to and back from the cabin last weekend..  The Christmas vibes are already alive here!  (Don't judge … I love Christmas and it always goes by waaayyyy to fast@!  I can't get enough of the music, the message and the décor!!!  I'm also on the look out for upcoming holiday concerts!)  But, today is still autumn and I'm completely enjoying it!  To rush through this pretty, cozy season would be awful and I'm still enjoying all things pumpkin and apples!  My latest drink obsession is hot cider, with a heavy splash of heavy cream and a squirt of caramel syrup!  Stir it around and then sip till your hearts content!!!  Oh, so good!
 

---------------------------------

We are in the last part of Hadassah's school volleyball season.  They won again last night and I can't wait to cheer for her in their upcoming semi final game!!!

October is flying right by and the nights are becoming darker sooner. 

Have a great mid week!!!