Monday, October 8, 2018

October is here.


I love all the fun, cute quotes you can find these days on Pinterest!!! 

I can't believe it's October already!  Ashlyn has been counting down the days for the parade and that finally happened last week!!!  The only glitz that happened was that Austin was fighting off "hand, foot and mouth disease".

When my family was together to take our updated family portraits, Austin was exposed to hand, foot and mouth.  We didn't know it then but soon found out a few days later.  Saturday night, Austin did not sleep good.  He was up during the night and running a fever.  This meant that I didn't either sleep very good and we decided to stay home from church.  Later that afternoon, Mike went for a bike ride and because the meds that I gave to Austin that morning helped with his fever, I took the kids out to the park for a little while.  Matthew is all into his fishing line he got at Cabelas on Saturday.  He took it along to the park to give it a try!





From the park we went to go see the ducklings again and the rainbow trout!!!



She so badly wanted to catch one.  Nope, it didn't happen!


As soon as the Motrin wore off for Austin he was back to not feeling the greatest.  We went home and took naps. 

The next day Austin felt better!!!  He even hopped up on the dentist chair that afternoon when we all went for teeth cleanings.

But then he had another night of being up and miserable!!!  From midnight - 2:30 he was up crying saying his feet were itchy!  I itched and itched and finally got up, grabbed a flashlight and looked at his feet!  I couldn't see anything wrong!!!  His fever had been gone for over 24 hours now.  He showed no signs of anything being wrong but I again gave him a dose of meds to make him comfortable. 

It wasn't until the next day when Mim texted and said that they are not sure they can go out with us siblings that night for supper because their two boys have hand, foot and mouth disease.  Then the light bulb went on.  Maybe that was Austin's problem???  I went to look at his hands and feet again.  I did notice a few red dots here and there and figured that's what he had too.  He never did get blisters in his mouth or anywhere in fact but was having itchy feet and miserable.  Tuesday he complained his feet hurt when he walked.  But by the next day he seemed fine again!!! 

Dad and Mom celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday and we siblings had planned to surprise them and take them out to eat.  That was on Tuesday night.  We ended up picking Matthew up early from golf so he could stay home with Ashlyn and Austin.  Our original plans were for them to go to Jody's but she didn't want the virus in her house!!!  I didn't blame her a bit!!!

We were all still able to go pick up Dad's and surprise them with a night out!!!  We had such a good time!!!

This was the biggest helping of lasagna I've ever been served!!!


My family!!!  It was so, so fun!!!


We laughed and laughed and ate lots of yummy foods from Ron's Bar and Grill!  The night out was a blast!  And when we got home, Matthew had the little one's in bed and Austin had a good night!!!

But what now about the parade night???  Do I go and take Austin along?  He would love it and I wanted him to go!  I decided to keep him in the stroller and not let him touch any rides or things while we got our annual waffles and ice cream!!!  The fair foods can be so tasty!




I hoped to keep him in the stroller or in the back of Yukon but he was feeling well.  He ended up on the side walks loving the parade!




No one else in our family got the disease!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!

==========================

New Holland Coffee Company expanded and remodeled their coffee shop!  Mike and I went on quick date Saturday afternoon for some of their delicious sweet potato fries and salad!!!  And I asked them to steam apple cider, heavy cream and caramel together for me and it was heavenly!!!


===============================

I cleaned out the garden and brought in the rest of the endless eggplants, peppers and string beans.  All three of these plants did wonderful in the garden this year!


I'm also using my "sweater weather" mug these days!!!  :)



 The farmers are working almost night and day these days.  We are surrounded by farm land and the corn fields are getting cut down.  This makes for some play ground for the kids.


Every things a golf club these days!  :)



 I also started a Bible Study last week!!!  I'm so excited to learn and grow and be taught from God's word!!!



=======================

And here's one more thing before I close this post!  John and Kathy have invited us over for a campfire chili supper for a few years now and it's always a highlight for me!!!  I LOVE CORNBREAD AND CHILI!!!  Did I mention that I love it!?!  John makes chili over an open fire and Kathy adds all the fixings!!!  We sit around the campfire with friends and just enjoy the moment!!!  I loved this again last night!!!

Thanks John and Kathy!!! 



=============================

PS. The housecleaning is mostly finished!!!  Thanks to my mom and sister for coming over last week one day to really get the most of it!!!