Tuesday, March 19, 2019

March birthday celebration!!!

We are having some days where the tempts are rising and we are excited to warmer weather come our way!!!!  I just wish it was here to stay for every day!!!  But it's still only March and I'm reminded that we only have these warmer days now and then!!!
 

I'm not sure if it's the warmer weather and spring fever that it making the kids beg more and more for animals!  It seems to change so much but last week Hadassah was asking for a tiny pig and a bunny!  I made it clear that there will be no pigs or bunnies on our property before we have the proper place for them!  No, not in the house!  Maybe a barn?  Maybe some fencing?  I would actually be all into getting some small animals and make a small farmette here at home but not before hubby gets us a barn.  Ashlyn's been begging for a pony and Austin is even asking for a donkey that he wants to call Bow.

As a joke, I bought Hadassah these two small figurines!  She's laughed!


Mike and I started our weekend with some fun and going out to eat with our 50's group!  We ate Mexican and laughed about some stories we shared and had a good time!!!  (Suz was there too but took the picture!  And we missed JR and Lorene but they were able to join us!)



 Saturday morning, Ashly woke up not feeling well!  I'm so tired of her picking up so many germs and getting a fever and headache!!!!  She's had a rough winter with sickness!  I gave her a dose of Motrin and she played and seemed OK the rest of the day!  But then during the night, she was warm again.  She fought fever all day Sunday and I ended up staying home from church and doctoring her up with more Motrin and elderberry!  I just pray and pray when she gets sick because it always ends up with fever!

Mindy had planned a birthday party for Shaelyn and decided to invite the whole family for ALL the March birthdays!!!  There's a lot of March birthdays in my family and it was all Ashlyn could do to gather herself together and get dressed for the party!  I felt so bad for her and knew she really didn't want to miss out!!!



My sister Jody turns 40 this week and Tyler turns 16 next week!!!!  Two big reasons to celebrate!!!!


It was a fun birthday party for Ashlyn!!!  She got gifts and played til 7 PM!  After that she started to wind down and was asking to go home!


All the March birthdays!


Sunday night, Ashlyn slept on the couch and I was on the other couch.  She was feverish again and I prayed she would sleep OK!  We woke up a few times during the night but Monday morning she took her last dose of Motrin!  The kids didn't have school today because of Teacher's in Service and that meant they got to be home relaxing and playing with all her new gifts!

 We also had planned a day out with my mom and sisters on Monday!  I love our days out like this and we shopped, ate lunch at PF Chang's, touched and smelled herbs at different greenhouses and drank coffee from Latte Luv!!!  It was all so much fun but all the while I kept calling home to check up on Ashlyn.  She was up playing but then rested and then would play again!  I sure hope this bug is out and she's on her way to feeling well!!!


I'm determined to get in my walks and do some extra exercise to work off these extra calories from the winter months!  I've often wondered how it might be to join a gym program and target my spongy stomach and tighten up my muscles!!!  But for right now, in my stage in life, it's using the free, fresh air around the block to work off my extra pounds.  Ashlyn was napping on the couch and so Austin hoped on his little car and we walked out to Hunter and Adrian's house!!!  That's a perfect walk because then returning back home, it's two miles!  Austin ended up staying there, of course, while I walked back!  Then Mike picked him up just a few minutes later on his way home from work!  The sun was shining and we spent the rest of the evening here at home! 

I do want to target my stomach muscles with my exercising and so Hadassah and I looked on YouTube on the TV and picked a 7 minute work out!  We laughed as we began and the lady kept saying that if you do this 7 minute work out for seven days, you will see a difference!  Every minute we would do another kind of exercise or stretch!  Again, we laughed and I was huffing and puffing way too soon but it was a fun start!!!  Hadassah nicely said, "Mom, some people work out for an hour!!!"  UMMMM, I'm aware of that and I'm not quite there yet.  :)))) 



Tomorrow is the first day of spring and I could shout for joy!!!  The seasons are changing and it will be time soon to get out in my garden beds and plant those seeds that are waiting on me!!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!