Friday, March 8, 2019

MARCHing through these last winter weeks!!!

With it being March now, we are counting down every single day till Ashlyn's birthday, which happens to be the very end of March!  She's so excited to celebrate and can't wait!!!  In the mean time, it's still pretty much winter around here.  There's still snow on the ground and it's frozen solid because the past few days have only been in the teens.  But for some reason, every time I step outside, or leave the house or look out the windows, the sunshine and birds starting to chirp more is telling me that Spring really is just around the corner.  Now, maybe I'll take back that whole sentence later today because there is snow in the forecast but it's only to accumulate about an inch.  And then the tempts are to rise a bit!!!  Yeah! 
 
My last post, I was waiting for my "Man" to get back home from Arizona!  He did make it back home safely and we were so HAPPY to have him home with us again!!!
  
(And I just love these cute quotes I find on Pinterest!  I sent this to Mike on his way home because it's how I felt!!!)  :)))
 
 The kids are on this "lets make something" binge.  Austin is asking a lot to make clay or just mix some flour and water together and even though I hate kitchen messes, we did do some mixing this past week!

It snowed again on Sunday giving us about 8 inches.  Matt and Lena came over and we played some games and chatted.  But before that, I looked up on Pinterest (what did I do before I had this app???) how to make snow crafts/foods.  This was a recipe that came up and it's easy.  All you need to do is bring in a big pan of fresh snow, boil pure maple syrup for 5 minutes and then pour it into the pan.  The snow hardens the syrup and turns it into hard maple candy!  It was fun to make and eat!


And I'm all into this afternoon cup of coffee right now. Normally, I have a cup of joe in the morning while packing the kids lunches.  Then maybe another cup after supper but lately that second cup is brewing earlier!  It tastes so good after lunch and I can sleep better at night without that PM caffeine!


Monday the kids had a two hour delay.  I was about to head out the door and go for some groceries when Adrian called and said to come sledding with him and Hunter at Mommy's house.  Mike's mom has a small hill behind her house and because Lena was there to clean her home before Mom comes back from Florida later this week, the boys were out sledding! 

Austin wasn't into it at first but I think it's because he didn't really get the idea what we were going to do!  We grabbed his winter gear and his penguin sled and drove to Mommy Lapps!

The boys took turns sledding down the hill and Austin loved it!  It was cold outside and we didn't last for more than an hour but what fun!













And like I mentioned earlier, the kids are all into mixing things!  Austin grabbed the cooking apron the other day and asked for some clay!  I have no idea why clay but instead I left him mix some flour, water and food coloring together and he mixed and rolled and had a blast!



The word "CAKE" was in these two's minds and Ashlyn grabbed the huge cupcake mold and asked to bake a cake.  At first I resisted but then I thought, "But why not? This would be a fun dessert for tonight!"  I helped at school with the Taco Lunch and had to go buy some hamburger for the tacos and so I grabbed a container of Dutch Way's Better Cream!  This is the best icing and so easy to spread on cakes!!!

When Ashlyn got home from school, we got right to mixing the cake batter!  When it baked and then cooled these two decorated it!  It turned out cute and yummy!





I sat down the other day and wrote out my seeds wish list for the garden!!!!  Ashlyn and I are SUPER excited to get in the gardens and smell the fresh potting soil and visit greenhouses!!!  I can hardly hold myself back from stopping in and just smelling the greenhouse smells and seeing all the little greens starting to bloom!!!  I might just go there today!?!  Mike also took the mower to get serviced awhile because as soon as the weather starts to warm up and snow melts and grass turns green, we will be beginning all that outside work!

But today, it's still snowy and freezing cold!  The laundry pile is being attacked!  My first cup of coffee is already drank and I'm looking forward to another winter weekend here at home!!!

I'm so blessed to have a healthy family and warm house to live in!!!!

Thank you Jesus!!!!