Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Warmer late winter days!!!!

I cannot express myself enough on how happy I am to have warmer weather in the beginning of March!!!!  It's just been so wonderful and it totally energizes me to get out and start the Spring work!!!!  Normally, Spring weather just seems to never get here soon enough!  I do know that's still the beginning of March but it just feels like the freezing days are behind us!!!  I'm hoping!!!


We had to say goodbye to Mommy King.  She passed away on Friday morning after struggling for her health since the New Year.  We went to visit her before we left for Florida not knowing if she will still be here when we return.  She was.  Then we visited her again before Mike left for Arizona.  Both times Mike prayed for her and she welled up a tear in the corner of her eye.  She was weak and barely talking.  I rubbed her feet as she laid in her bed.  Mike got home from Arizona and she was still living.  Weaker and even more frail.  Her children were beside her often and she passed into eternity Friday morning.  She was a sweet grandma and died at 88 years old.  Daudy King had passed away last summer.  Here are some photo's of them both at Daudy's 90th birthday party.







The funeral was on Sunday.  We met at Elmer's by 10 AM for a small service for family and then at Summitview Church at 2 PM for the funeral.





Merv and Marie came for the funeral and they own Latte Luv!  Marie made us a latte after the funeral!  Such a sweet treat!  Thanks Marie!


We had plans to help with a late Valentine Banquet at church on Sunday.  We've been planning this event for weeks already but now that the funeral was on the same day, we couldn't help.  We did stop in and say hello and try the wonderful dessert that Bethel made!!!!  This night was focused on marriage and we invited all the couples from church that were married ten years or less.  I wish we could've stayed the entire night but Ritchie flew up from Florida to be at the funeral and so Mike's family gathered at Mom Lapps later that night.


Clarita got this sign for a photo prop and what a fun idea!!!  I love this!!!!!!

I love this man!!!!!!


And here are the couples that help with this fun event!!!!  Such great friends from church!!!!


We went to Mom Lapps to chat to Ritchie and that's where my parents dropped off Ashlyn and Austin.  They stayed with them after lunch and all evening while Mike and I attended the funeral.  Matthew was at Reagan's house and Hadassah is still in Africa on her Senior trip.

------------------------------------------------------

Austin doesn't play with toys that much but he loves to act out characters!  For the longest time it was all about Peter Rabbit and David and Goliath!!!  On this particular day, he was Jake and the Never Landing Pirates.  Jeremiah is working in the basement and making the old toy room part of our main basement now and he left Austin borrow his mask.  Then Austin pretended to be a Komodo Dragon.  Wild Kratts give him plenty of animals to play!!!!





-----------------------------------------------------------

I have my cleaner back!!!!!!  Bethany spent the entire winter in Nicaragua learning Spanish and ministering to the folks there.  I missed her help with cleaning the house and it feels good to have her back!


We asked Austin to take a picture of us and I said, "Don't take a picture of just our bellybuttons!!!"  Look what he captured!  I love it!!!!  :)))



----------------------------------------------------------

It's time to visit greenhouses and Austin and I have been on the move!!!!




My mom gave me this fiddle leaf plant a few weeks ago and it's doing great!  I also bought my first snake plant for $10 and I like it!!!!!


Another greenhouse stop!!!!



I bought some pansies and planted them in the front pots.  And the roses are getting buds on out front.


----------------------------------------------------------------

Another character ... DinoRoo from Franklin!!!


The morning light comes through the windows so nice and I love to watch him build blocks!!!!


And another day ... it was Super Man.  We don't even have many dress up clothes but if you let yourself get creative, you will be surprised how quickly you can come up with an outfit.  Here we made the symbol, grabbed Ashlyn's swimsuit bottom, tied on his soldier cape and stapled some yellow paper together to make a belt.



--------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew's basketball team went to States!!!!  The Varsity Team did great and making it this far is an honor, privilege and maybe a once in a lifetime experience!!??!!!  The only problem was that the big game happened to be when the Seniors were in Africa on their Senior trip.  This meant the bench players and most of the JV Team had to fill in!  Matthew was both excited and terrified of how this game might turn out because the opposing team had 6 foot players and ones that could even dunk a ball.

The game was in Philadelphia and so Mike and I made a quick stop at West Town Market on the way there.  I love markets!!!!




We drove to the game in center Philie and grabbed some pizza with Dave and Sonia before the game started!


These young boys did a great job!!!!  They played hard and even though the final score was 73-21 and we lost, we still celebrated with cheesesteaks afterwards!!!!



















----------------------------------------------------

Saturdays are a fun day for me.  I remember when we had newborns and small babies that I wanted some more "me" time and it just was hard to accomplish.  Now that the kids are getting older, Mike tries hard to make this a priority for me to get out by myself on Saturdays.  Now it doesn't happen every week but often!!!  I love it!!!!

Last Saturday I stopped at the Makers Market for the first time!  Yummy macaroons!


Then I went to Fashion Cent's, Cocalico Creek and Main Street.  All three places were having special events and it was fun to browse and grab a few things!!!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weather is just lovely and yesterday we had a 71 degree day!!!!!  The kids came home from school and played outside.  Ashlyn came running into the house and said, "I not changing!!!!  (She had put on shorts and a tank top.)  It's now summer!!!!"  OK!!!  :)))

Weather like this makes me pull out the grill!!!!  I cooked up some fresh pressed hamburgers and they were delicious!!!!!!!!



After supper, the kids went to the garden to pull out the carrots that never got pulled out in the fall.  I was so surprised at how well they still looked but they were soft and not good for us to eat.  Last fall I thought they were no good and just never got rid of them.

Matthew worked up the dirt and they all carried them to the chickens!


Just before this was played some soccer in the back yard!!!!  :)






The chickens are going to love these!





 I planted carrots in the garden before and thought they were so much work.  The ground was hard and the carrots would just break.  I gave up trying to get them out but last fall we piled the gardens up with mushroom mulch and now the soil is so soft!!!!!  It didn't take much at all to get them out of the dirt.

My supper plate!!!!!



The dirt looks great and after tonight's tilling, it is now ready for some seeds!!!!!

 

He's my helper!!!!  I love that!!!!


The moon was gorgeous and as we were wrapping it up outside, I couldn't help but go under the pine trees and take a few pictures of the moon!!!!



The kids were dirty and needed baths!  What a fun feeling to have fresh air in their lungs and let them play in the garden dirt in shorts and tank tops!!!!  IN MARCH!!!!  Yeah!

-----------------------------------------

Here's another picture Austin took!  I'm so ready for Spring and thankful for the wonderful, warmer weather!!!!



---------------------------------------

One more thing, Mondays are most times busy!!!!  Lot's of laundry and groceries to buy!



--------------------------------------------------

Have a great week!!!!!  The first official first day of spring is only 10 days away!!!!