Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Summer weekend!



With just coming out of a busy week of Bible School each night, plus an extended family shoot, we were ready for the weekend!  Mike celebrated his birthday on Saturday!  I had plans on yard sailing in the morning and then he was going to golf.  Rains came, which we really needed, but yard sailing and golfing don't go well with rain showers.  Mike canceled his golf and went with me instead!  We had such a blast!  :))). He drove me from home to home in three different community of yard sales.  He's said for a long time that he wants to do this sometime and I kept asking him if its fun because it was his birthday and not my special day.  I wanted him to be having a blast!  He was!  We drove down streets sipping on our coffee but he ended up eating both biscottis.  :). I laughed and said I guess I have to find a hot dog at one of the sales to eat!  We went through the sales in town, then to Highlands and then to Strasburg!  We ended up with a dozen of yummy egg rolls and fried rice.  We drove home happy and ready to feed the kids!

It really wasn't any deals that we found that was the most fun, it was just being together!





Then Mike decided to go with Matt to deliver some ribs out of town to a customer.  He hoped to then swing by Jeremiah's baseball tournament and watch a game.  Once again, he took off with the kids this time and I got to make some stops alone.  It felt more like my fun day but again I asked him if he's having fun and he was!  Spending the day with his own wife and kids was great for him!  He's so cool!  I am way too quick to think I deserve some "me time" of special days like this but not Mike!  

I dropped some things off at Fashion Cents and then went to Khols in hopes to find Austin some new shoes!  Bingo!

They all came back home around 3 and Mike took a nap.  The rest of us went to the Zook Pond for some swimming and then a steak, chicken and shrimp meal!!!  We bought a ticket at the school sale for this event and what a lovely night it was!  Perfect for swimming with friends and eating good food!  

We do so much with Matt and Lena and their boys!  They also bought a ticket last fall and this was a blast for these two boys!!!!  


JR and Lorene were also there with their family and Matthew loved to hang out with Benson again!




Austin so badly wanted to jump off of the diving board and with a little help, he did!!!!  Then he did again.  And again!!!  He loved it!


I walked away with my camera swung around my shoulder and heard Mike yell, "Hey, what about me???"  What a honey!  Ok then .... :)


Ashlyn and Desie ...


Bean bags on the sandy pond floor!  What a blast!


The kids swam before and after supper.  It was dark and we were sandy and tired by the time we left the Zook Pond!  Thanks Dave and Suz for the wonderful food and great night!

Sunday we decided to go visit our old roots and go to Spring Garden's church service!  It was great to hear a message from the Lord and see old friends!  Mom and Dad had us for lunch and we then we ended up back home for afternoon naps.

We had an appreciation meal to join for supper again at Dave and Suz's house!  The Miller family sang as we ate again and we totally enjoyed the songs, food and message!  Being missionaries on the road and to prisoners is not an easy road but God blesses those who go!!!!

That wraps up our busy, yet relaxing weekend!  We are so blessed to have friends and family to spend time with!!!