Tuesday, March 2, 2021

March, 2021!

 Time is moving by quickly and I'm so excited to know that we are finally in the month of March and the winter season will soon be coming to an end!!!!  I love all four seasons that we get to live through here in the northeast of America but Winter is the longest season for me.  It just seems much longer than the other months but with flipping that calendar page this morning and seeing March on top of the page, Winter will soon end!  Spring will arrive in it's time!  I always hope for an early spring!

I have a few photos to share with you from our last week of February, 2021.

The winter sunsets have been gorgeous.  Winter is also the perfect time for soups!  I can whip up a batch of chicken noodle in no time.  It's a recipe I make often!


I also made a batch of high fiber balls.  These are an easy grab for Mike before he heads off to work.  I am so thankful for a working dryer on these cold chilly days.  My neighbors need to hang their laundry out to dry, summer and winter.  I love fluffy, clean towels!


We still have snow!  A lot of it!!! Now that we are back from a sunny, warm vacation, we are ready to move on to spring and have this white snow leave us.
 


The kids love warm waffles for breakfast.  Right now they top it with Nutella, whipped cream and drizzle it with syrup.  It ends up being a dessert style breakfast but they love it.



Because we still have so much snow around, I decided to make some snowflake cookies.




Little Miss Zayla is the baby joy of our lives right now!!!!  She is the sweetest baby!  So easy to care for and we love her to pieces!  I got to babysit her and Bryce the other day and this little one ended up staying till 7 PM!  Ashlyn loves Zayla like a sister and I cannot tell you how many times a week Ashlyn and Mike go for a quick drive to their house just to say hi to Zayla!  It's the cutest thing!


My lovely husband sent me a boutique the other day!  It's so beautiful and it smells wonderful!!!!  He's so kind and thoughtful!  I love you with my whole heart Mike!


And here's a winter sunrise!  Just the prettiest skies!


I meal plan.  I try to every Sunday, sit down and write out my menus for the week.  Then I make a grocery list and go shopping on Mondays.  I find that meal planning gets me much more creative in cooking and because I love cookbooks, I should have no excuse to try new foods!  This was a new one the other night for us!  They were so yummy and I had to shovel the snow from the back porch a bit to move the grill out from against the house to grill.


Beginning my day with hot coffee is essential!  A long time ago, Hadassah taught me that the things that I called breakfast foods don't always have to be just the breakfast foods.  She never wanted butter or syrup on her pancakes.  She wanted whipped cream.  She didn't want cheese on her foods.  I loved lots of cheese!  I love vegetables more than fruits.  I often eat veggies for breakfast and this is one of favorites!  Fennel!


I took a walk to the garden the other and look at all this snow that's still out here!  It's hard to imagine that in a few weeks we will be planting and working up this soil!


Another food I made was a quiche with filo dough.  I had to bake it twice as long as the recipe said but maybe because I loaded it with too many veggies?.?


The weather outside is warming up and the snow is melting more and more each day.  With the tempts hitting 50 the other day, I just had to stop and smell the greenhouses!  I love the smell of fresh potting soil and spring flowers!  Kens Gardens is beautiful year around and I love all the spring flowers that are starting to bloom there!





I had in mind to buy a Mojito Mint plant but the plant was still super tiny at the greenhouse.  Instead, I grabbed this nice hearty basil plant and a daffodil flower!  It adds just a touch of spring to my kitchen!


Basketball season is coming to an end for Matthew.  The last of the games are being played.  The regular season games are over and we just lost in the second round of playoffs against Mount Calvary.  We did make it to districts and have that game later this week!


I've been wanting to take Ashlyn to Agape Grill and Cafe for their pancake board!  We decided to go on Saturday and look who else was there!  Ava and Oliva joined our table!



Linville Hill Basketball Teams have worked so hard to get where they are now!  They won the first playoff game and we were given two tickets per family to go watch the next game!  Mike had already planned to play Acquire thinking that we wouldn't be able to attend the game.  (COVID restrictions).  But we were!  So, I decided to still go.  Mike took the littles with him and I went to the basketball game!  It was great seeing and hearing some fans cheer for the team!  They lost but it was still a great night!

And because it was just me, all alone, driving to the game, I stopped at MOD pizza for a personal size to eat before the game!  So yummy!  Anyone else put cucumbers on pizza?


Yesterday we went to church and came home to eat some lunch before going bowling.  Austin was so excited to bowl for the first time!  NOBLE investors invited our family to bowl free with other investors in their company.  It was raining and chilly and the couch would have felt good to snuggle on but we made memories with the kids and enjoyed some bowling!  We still got to all snuggle on the couch when we got back home!  We ended the weekend with a movie together and the older kiddos came home from Youth Center Staff Cabin and a class event.  



The kids loved the bowling and it was fun for Mike and I to go once again.


I bought some "Better Cream" at Dutchway last week and used that for whoopee pie filling.  It's such a good icing that's fluffy and creamy!

And since it's already March, here's my Chronological Yearly Bible Study Reading guide for this new month!!!


The sun is shining!  It might be a day for the carwash and have the Yukon actually stay clean for a little while here in our cold state!?!

Have a great week!  Spring is on my mind!!!!!