Tuesday, April 13, 2021

April is here!

 


April is here and it's such a pretty Spring so far!  I remember when some April are nothing but rain showers but this year it's many sunny days mixed with some raindrops!  I love the sunny days the most but I also know that the ground needs the moisture before those hot days of summer come to us!

The garden is slowly showing signs of growth!  I planted lettuce, spinach, kale, three different kinds of radishes, carrots, red beats, onions and cabbage!  All the plants are still really young but growing!




Matthew and his friends have decided to build a tree house in the pines out back.  It's something Mike and Matthew have talked about years ago and suddenly Matthew's all into it!  Ill share more photos as it goes along but this thing is big!  And I jumped on the mower a few times already!  The grass is pure green and growing fast!


We had sisters day at my house one day last week!  We want to be more intentional with this!  We had a brunch here and then visited some greenhouses!  Mom was able to go along even though it's hard for her to walk a lot because of her knee still healing from knee treatments.  I only grabbed a few plants on this day but can't wait to add more soon as the weather warms up a bit more!


I did get and plant some Snowdrift petunias!  I love whites and these look like a great choice!



Here are more plants I got!  I can't wait to get them outside!




The edging is still to be done.  Weeds are growing and that means mulch will be ordered one of these days!  Campfire are starting up and more time spent outside is beginning to be a normal!!!!  I like that!

Happy April!