Thursday, December 9, 2021

December, 2021

December is here.  The busiest month of gatherings, banquets, school programs, gift buying and wrapping, making homemade goodies and listening to all the Christmas music!!!  We are excited!

 



One more month to read the Bible in chronological order through in a year!


Mike was still hanging in the basement with Matthew one night and I was lying in bed just thinking of how blessed I am to have a warm house, a warm bed, a family that loves each other and a candle that smells like Christmas!

I made a few peanut butter crackers and I hope to do some more one of these days!


December is the month of so many projects!  Stuffing envelopes with a Christmas card and letter is something that needs to be finished up yet!



December is buying a tree and putting gifts under it.  It's magical!


I made another batch of apple butter!  It's delicious on toast!


Last Friday, I went to Produce Junction and bought a bunch of wreaths and poinsettias for church!  Mike meet me at church and helped hang the wreaths in the sanctuary!  It looks so pretty!


On Saturday, Mike and I and the kids walked through our little town!  We do this about once a year and it's so fun to visit the many neat shops in our town.  Singers were out caroling, shopper were strolling the streets, fudge was being poured as we walked into the candy shop!  So much happiness is in our small town!




Our last stop was at the greenhouse for me to smell the fresh dirt and fresh plants!!!  I love poinsettias and these were just gorgeous!  We did the annual quick, very quick photo shot and then drove back home as we ate the soft pretzels we grabbed in town!  I love our hometown!!!!!

Such cute kids!!!!


So precious!


We watched a baking show the other night and Ashlyn got creative the next morning in the kitchen!  A snowman pancake and a chocolate scarf was her breakfast!  


There's always that moment in the beginning of December that I feel overload.  My mom and sisters had a day of shopping but I still have a few gifts to purchase.  Things need wrapped.  The cards are not yet ready for send off.  I keep wanting to do some more peanut butter crackers but didn't find the time to just yet.  It feels like so much happening and some times it feels overwhelming.  I did purpose in my heart that I would try my best to bring a spirit of peace in our home over the holidays.  I try to always but especially over the busy days!  It's OK to not have "all the things" done yet.  Maybe some things just won't get done?  That's OK too.  I reminded myself to stay focused on the main reason of Christmas and celebrate the birth of Jesus with my family!

These two sayings from Pinterest are great reminders for me right now!


We spent a few hours at Mindy's house this week.  She's still healing from her broken leg and she decided to not decorate for Christmas this year because she can't move and carry all her things up and down her steps.  Sister Jody found out about this and set a date for us sisters and mom to go help her!  It was fun and we had her house in the Christmas spirit in now time!!!!!  Her house is so pretty!

And then I had a craft day at church for the ladies whoever wanted to join me.  We made wreaths!  I made one for me and one for Hadassah!



December sure is a month of lists and check offs but I love it when we can be home in the evening with the candles lite and glowing.  The twinkling lights on the tree are magical!  I love that we got to watch HomeAlone 1 & 2 so far with the family!  To make this month be a month of fun memories and joy is a goal!

Happy December!!!!!