Monday, October 10, 2022

October fun, food and events.

 

Last Monday, I went to listen to a lady share her story and testimony of many years ago she grew up in Germany during the World War 2 and witnessed lots of unrest.  Her story was amazing and she shared how before she even knew that there was a God that loved her, she just knew it!  She felt it.  She knew someone was watching over her through the war days, the days of bombing, traveling alone at 13 back to America and so on!  She challenged us to read OUT LOUD the entire book of Philippians EVERY DAY for 30 DAYS.  Philippians is a letter that Paul wrote to the church and it's been incredible to read through this book!  Do it with me!!!!  It's only four chapters long!  Sit down and read it out loud from start to finish!


We got invited to INSPIRE at Sight and Sound and it was incredible!  They had a worship time where I found myself crying through the song Goodness of God again.  This song speaks to me and moves me every time I sing it!  Then we watched the David show!  I love events like this with Mike by my side!




We are blessed with so many yummy cafe's and restaurants around us!  New Holland Crepes opened up the other week and it was great to meet Suz here!  We ate good crepes and caught up with life!  


And then it was grape juice day!  I ordered 10 gallons and canned it!




We had so many days of rain and we finally have the sun shining again!  I think of those in Florida that got slammed by Hurricane Ida and Fort Myers is a mess!  I'm so grateful that we dry again here!  Going for a daily morning walk with my friend Linda is such a good decision!  I love walking with a friend!  



And eating lunch on the front porch, soaking up the sunshine and eating soup is so good for my soul!  Frost will be here soon and so these warmer autumn days are the best!  


We are still picking food from the garden.  Last week I pulled out the rest of the beats and cooked them and then added butter and salt!  So good!  Jalapeños are still plentiful and I stuffed them with cream cheese spread and cooked them on the grill!




I am picking lots of lettuce too!  My favorite by far!



Last year, I planted a red butter crunch lettuce in the fall but I couldn't find it in the greenhouses this time.  Instead I planted the lettuce "Ruby" and it's also really good!  We have mini romaine and regular butter crunch lettuce ready to harvest soon!





The kids made a scarecrow in the garden the other day.  It might keep the birds away! 😃


Matthew is still doing well with golf!  He competed over the weekend and is going now to States!  Way to go Matthew and couch Galen!

Austin and I made a stop at the Farmhouse Market event.  Ashlyn was there too but was with Meleah!  These fall events are fun to attend!  We ate yummy burgers and fries and strolled the shops and came home.


And here's a first ... we were told that the golf team was going to be honored at the local football game, so we went and invited Hunter and Adrian along.  It was a chilly game and even though the golf team didn't have their moment after all at the game, it was our first PV game we attended.


The rest of October is packed full of many volleyball games for Ashlyn, more golf for Matthew and lots of Arise Collective / Pilgrim shows to help with!  It's going to be busy but a blessing and hopefully soul changing for many!!!

Have a great week!