Friday, June 17, 2011

11 Weeks Old ...

Baby is 11 weeks old this week.  I can hardly believe how fast time is going and how much she has grown already!  She is a very content baby the past few weeks and I am so thankful!  We call her our 'cat napper'.  She takes an hour nap here and an hour nap there.  I can't really have her sleeping and expect her to sleep a certain about of hours.  If she doesn't take much of a morning nap (like this morning), she's ready for good afternoon nap.  Right now she's napping and has been sleeping for 2 plus hours so far!  She's usually ready for bed around 8:30 - 9:00 PM and sleeps till 6 AM!  I feel like my sleeping patterns have improved so much in the past few weeks!  Yes!

Ashlyn weighs 11 lbs.!  She's amused at her hands and has them waving in front of her face all the time.  Her favorite past time is to lay on her back and watch toys (or her hands)!  She likes her swing in the morning, but not too much after that!  She's so sharing with her smiles!  She coos and is just starting to laugh out loud!  She's so pleasant!  Hadassah loves to entertain her!  Last night, when Mike came home and was fussing to her she cried when he walked away.  He of course turned around and picked her up!  She was happy!!!

A GOOD WAY TO START MY DAY ...
Mike has been asking me to buy "good" fruit for the past few weeks already.  I tried and the pears and apples that I bought, he said they just didn't ripe good.  So last week I went to Costco and bought a lot of berries ... raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries!  I used our own grown strawberries too.  I made some homemade granola and bought a big container of Pequea Valley yogurt.  Making a layer of fruit, then granola, and then yogurt is yummy!  It makes me feel so good!  I was glad to see that Mike was impressed with my makings!  We are now enjoying this for our breakfast!


I am looking so forwards to our local produce growing in Lancaster County.  We can't wait for blueberries (well they actually come from NJ) and peaches and corn on the cob!  Hadassah keeps asking for the grapes that you spit out the peeling ... concord grapes!  I am completely out of applesauce and will be lots of that later this summer! 

Pray the stink bugs won't be damaging the crops!!!  My brother in law works for Kauffmans Fruit Farm and he's saying the bugs are going to be a problem!  I hope he's wrong and that they will have the best produce yet!!!

If anyone has a good recipe to share that involves fresh fruit, I would love to have it!