Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chesse Fries

Last night, Mike went to ball practice.  He is not playing ball full time this year, but seems to always get involved sometime throughout the summer.  Matthew's little league games are over and I guess it's Mike's turn now.?.  Well, last night he went to practice and took the two oldest with him.  Ashlyn and I stayed home and enjoyed the evening relaxing!  (Well, I wanted to finish pressure washing the gazebo but couldn't get the thing started!  Sigh.  I don't like when things don't start when you know they are supposed to!)  Anyway, It was 9:00 PM and I was starting to wonder where the rest of my family is.  I'm sure practice is over if it's dark outside!  Ashlyn was in bed and so I decided I might as well go to bed too!  At 9:30, I hear them come home.  Hadassah came bouncing back to our bedroom and said, "We got cheese fries!!!!"  Hadassah and her daddy have done this a few times already and she loves it!  Mike takes her to Sheetz and order cheese fries late at night.  Hadassah loves it (the hangin' out and the food)!  It's kinda been 'their thing'.  Last weekend, they had it planned out to go Friday night.  That didn't work out so they re planned it for Saturday night.  That didn't work either.  So, last night after ball practice they headed for Sheetz.  Hadassah said this morning, "Oh you just got to try them!  They are sooooo good!"

I think the combination of time with daddy and the gooey cheese poured on top of the fries gives her a rush!  Maybe the next time they go, I might have to sneak along!


Because I was already in bed when they came home with their cheese fries, I didn't get a picture of this fun event!  So, here's one from the other week when the kids were both enjoying strawberry shortcake and daddy's ipad!