Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rehoboth Beach

We have been doing this for a long time now and I look so forwards to it every year!!! 
Going to the beach with church friends!!! 

There are a group of ladies that go to Rehoboth Beach for a few days away from home and have time to do nothing!!!  Time off!!!  Time away with just ladies and laugh and eat and soak in the sun and dig our painted toe nails in the sand and swim in the ocean .... !!!  Oh so sweet!!!

It was a little more of a tug on my heart to leave my family this year and go on this two day vacation because I wasn't sure how it would go with leaving baby at home.  Thanks to my awesome sister, she took care of not only my baby ... but all the children and dog!  I was relaxed knowing they were at her house and in good care!  The kids love going there and really don't even miss me when they are there!  Ashlyn did so good too!  What a answer to prayer and blessing!

We stayed at Avenue 2, just a short walk from the board walk and beach!  This motel is so accommodating!  They have nice clean rooms, a home cooked breakfast (that's included in the price and it was egg casserole and french toast casserole plus all the normal stuff like bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, muffins, coffee, juice, etc.), fresh baked cookies in the afternoon for the guests in their lobby, wine and cheese late afternoon for their guests, an indoor pool, outdoor showers with 'bath and body' shower soaps that we could use before coming home, beach chairs and towels, and on and on and on!!!  A wonderful motel!!!

Both mornings looked a little cloudy and we were unsure if the weather was going to be nice, but it turned out to be absolutely gorgeous both days!  Hot and warm!  The ocean water felt so good!  Watching those amazing waves come flowing into shore is a sure sign of our amazing Creator!  God is the maker of the sand and ocean and seagulls and seashells and of the dolphins we got to see swim the ocean surface!  Going to the beach with a group of Christian ladies is relaxing and is therapy!  Living out a 'real life' dream!

When I returned home last night, I was ready to hug and kiss my family again and baby seemed to grow in just a few short days!  Hadassah went to Bible School and when she came home she was so happy to see me!  Matthew was happy too so see me, but was soaking up his 'daddy time' and had more fun playing baseball in the back yard, going for a bike ride with his dad, and playing Lego's!  Such a good dad!!!  I couldn't wait to see Mike too!  So neat how just a few days away can bring on some butterflies and a spark of romance when I looked into his eyes again!  I love when I get those feelings!

God's beach creation is wonderful and I am thankful I got to enjoy it the past few days!  Take time to enjoy something today that God has created!  (I am enjoying that yummy salt water taffy and creamy fudge too that you can only find at the shore 'Candy Kitchen"!!!)

Thinking of my hubby on the beach ... he is the best and allowed me to take this vacation!
We always go out to eat at 'Big Fish'!  They have the best caramelized salmon and sweet potato mashers!
We end our yummy meal with key lime pie!!!
Oh, yeah!!!