Thursday, November 7, 2013

November!

It's November!

Time is going by so swiftly.

It's soon time to think of the holiday season!!!

When November rolls around, it means fall is in full swing and we start talking about family festivities!  We already have a few dates penned in with family dinners.  We don't want to miss a one of them!

November is also the month of hunting season and going to the cabin with my family!  We can't wait to chill out and laugh and play 'Golf & Panic'!  We hope the guys have some deer hanging from the trees before it's time to come back home!!!  Mike is so proud that he shot his already!  And, by the way, the deer meat is actually really good.  So far we have tried the sausage, heart & scrapple.  The balonie is in the fridge waiting to be sliced up and frozen.  The beef sticks and jerky will be tasted this weekend I am sure of it!!!

Christmas music is working it's way into our home once again.  I love, love Christmas music and yesterday I just felt the urge to put in a Christmas CD.  So I did!  It was so much fun listening to it again!  I only got to play it a little until Ashlyn demanded "Kings Kids".  OK .... I do have lots of time to enjoy the holiday songs!  :)

Thanksgiving is in November and I think it's so sad that Christmas seems to crowd out Thanksgiving so easily.  You walk into the malls and stores and you are greeted with Christmas décor and gift ideas.  I am tempted to go look in the clearance isle to see if I can get some Thanksgiving paper supplies on sale!!!  :)))  This past weekend at Starbucks, I looked around for the fall flavors.  Do you know what I saw?  Peppermint!  Where's the pumpkin flavors at already?  Did I blink and they were gone?  :)  Mike did get to order a Gingerbread Latte!  :)  We love Thanksgiving and I think it's so important to make time for this season too!!!  Being thankful is something we should do and be every day but knowing that our country still sets a day on the calendar to 'be grateful' is super cool!!!  Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, slaw, corn, homemade dinner rolls, etc. is not to be rushed!!!  I can't wait!!! 

Shopping is on my mind too.  We already have a day planned to go with Mike's sisters.  That's always fun!  We are going just a bit earlier because of the newborn babies that are expected to arrive in the family sometime in December!!!  I also purchased a few small gifts for the kids.  The rest will have to wait for the 'real season'.  After Thanksgiving!!!  On a date with Mike!  Drinking hot coffee!  Enjoying the lights and sounds of Christmas!!!  Hadassah has big lettering on my calendar that says "Black Friday"!  She is sooooo looking forwards to our night out together!  I am too!  :)

November is the start of a busy season and so every evening spent at home will not be taken for granite.  I tell myself to 'slow down'.  Don't get all caught up with the rush and forget to feel the peace, the joy, and the love of the holidays!!!  Be a light to the world.  Give to those in need.  Make someone smile.  Sharing my blessings is one goal for me this upcoming holiday season!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!  Relax.  And ... drink some hot cider because before long it will be that eggnog stuff on the front shelves!!!  :)  Smile!