Friday, January 9, 2015

Basketball season has begun!

Hadassah did very well with volleyball and she was honored to be part of the school A team.  But the day volleyball was over, she mentally went to basketball.  She was working hard and really wishing to make the basketball A team at school.  She found out on Tuesday, when she was home from school coughing and sneezing all day long, that she made the team!  I thought she would be jumping up and down.  I thought she would react a little more excited.  She was beaming but being under the weather was still getting her down. 

Yesterday morning, she was doubting in her mind if she should play or not.  She said, "I'm going to be coughing and sneezing in everyone's faces."  :/  Yikes!!!  I have to say that when she gets sick ... it's a sun downer!  She really gets it!  She's been coughing and sneezing for days and her poor nose is red and sore!  She was off to school after her morning grapefruit.  I prayed she would feel OK by game time!

Ashlyn and I had a busy day at home cleaning.  I am so amazed that after just one week, the house needs another major cleaning!  I picked up tissues, wiped down germs, sanitized the bathrooms and swept the carpets really good!  It took me almost all day but it was worth it!  I even got to go through some closets.  My maternity clothes are now hanging in my closet and getting closer to my reach.  I wore my first maternity shirt yesterday because I was up to something really comfortable!  :)

We picked up a coffee of "Decaf Sweetheart Latte's" for Matthew and I before heading off to school.  Hadassah had arrangements to get to the basketball game with the team, so I thought it would be fun to treat Matthew to a warm drink on the 14 degree day!!!  He smiled and we sipped as we drove to West Fallowfield School for the first basketball game on the season.  The girls got warmed up and Hadassah looked good in her new shoes!  :)  I could tell she wasn't feeling 100% but she wasn't sneezing and coughing on everyone either!!!  That's a good thing!  :)

The girls played hard but it always to seems to take a game or two to get used to playing together and getting the drills all down.  Hadassah's team lost 20 - 6 but at least they had fun!  Hadassah played well but I can't wait to see her energy level rise and be even better for her next game!!!





We drove home with warm chicken noodle soup waiting for us!  I made a big batch after the house was cleaned and it tasted so good on such a cold night!  We had cut up kiwi, oranges and avacodoes to go with it!  Eating rich nutritious foods is so important right now!  I can't say the rootbeer and birchbeer that the boys had was so healthy though.  :/

The evening was spent doing homework and studying for tests.  Mike had a school board meeting to go too.  I was happy to stay indoors!  Brr!!!

We've had two days in a row of two hour delay at school.  We love these delays because we get to sleep in and relax yet call it a school day.  The weather was harsh this week with the tempts being in the teens!  The snow we got the other day is still around.  There's no way it's going to melt in these tempts.  The kids have enjoyed some sledding and outdoor play!  Getting all bundled up is a must but such fun for them!


The girls love the snow!
 Matthew took his gun outside.


Snowboard ...
 Meg and Mel came over a bit and tried out the sled too.


 
Stay warm!!!  I've got a newborn niece to visit today ... Angelyn Lili was born last night!  So happy for you John Ervin and Anna Ruth!!!  I also have mom to visit today.  She's getting her enlarged thyroid surgery today!!!  Pray all goes well!