Thursday, January 22, 2015

Winter time!

We've been in the season of Winter now for weeks and looking ahead, I know we are not near finished yet with the cold weather!  I like Spring and Fall a lot but Summer is my favorite!  I try to 'get through' the winter months!  :)  Usually we plan a family vacation to Florida right in the middle of Winter but there were no reservations and plans made for this year.  Mike says we are staying home and saving to remodel the house.  I think that's wise but still when knowing of family that's enjoying the sunny, warm south, it teases with my mind!!!  :) 

During Winter, I like when it snows.  I always have said and still say, "If it's going to be cold ... it may as well snow!"  The kids love to sled!  They like to skate too and even though we've had day and after of freezing tempts, we have not went skating once yet.  Hoping to do that sometime this winter!  We have been enjoying the two hour delays in the mornings at school.  With the roads being icy, school has been starting late a few times already!

The forecast yesterday brought the kids home early from school.  Snow was falling and to bring us 2 - 4 inches but here at our home, we only got an inch or so.  It was enough to make the trees look so pretty!  I love watching it snow outside!  This morning, as I cleaned the house, it started snowing again for a while.  Makes being inside and warm be so cozy!  (We woke up this morning with the house colder than usual though!  I caught Ashlyn pushing buttons on the thermostat last night and thought I adjusted everything right.  She thought I was being a mean mom when I told her sternly to not play with the thermostat.  When I woke up this morning I thought, "Boy, it seems cold in here."  I quickly went to see the tempts and it was 65.  Nothing terrible and it didn't take long before it was back to 71!)

My 15 week plus a few days prenatal appointment at the doctor went well!  The doctor found the baby's heartbeat just like that giving us beats at 140!  I gained a few pounds since I was there last and the nurse laughed when I said I was relieved a little bit because I feel like I gained 10!!!  :)  I left the doctors feeling blessed!  I came home with the kids already here!

I was waiting all afternoon for a call from Lena!  She had a C-section surgery planned yesterday and I couldn't wait to hear if they have a girl or a boy!  She texted me just as I was pulling in the garage from the doctor!  It's a boy!!!  Adrian Amos was born at 12:30 and weighed 7, 10!  Pretty small for being ten days late!  She asked if we could bring Hunter in later to see his little brother!  Of course!  We picked up Mom Lapp and Hunter and then dropped off our two youngest at sitters and headed through the snow to see baby Adrian!  Hunter was so happy yet small enough to really sink in the facts!  It will become reality for him in a few days when he goes home to his family!  :)  Adrian is so adorable!  He is smaller featured with a small amount of hair!  We love him already!  Hadassah got to go with us to see him and she enjoyed every minute of holding him!  I can't wait to see her hold our baby this summer!  She was loving the moment!  We didn't stay in long and brought Hunter back home with us.  He's slept in Matthews room for a few nights last fall, so he knew where he would sleep.  Him and Ashlyn have been playing together all day today!  Congrats Matt and Lena!!!


Everything is wet outside today and the tempts being in the 30's took the snow away.  When I cleaned the house this morning, I ended up putting the puzzle away that we started.  The girls and I worked on it one day and it's been laying around ever since.  I will be starting to pack up the house things soon, so maybe the 1000 piece puzzle will have to wait to next year!?!  I'm asking my family to save boxes for me!  We will need plenty for packing books, pictures and kitchen gear soon!  I'm not sure yet where to store our things because when the project actually does start, we will move the basement.  I don't want a bunch of boxes in the basement if we are trying to live down there!  We are hoping that the new garage gets built first because then we can move all our things into there until the house is finished!  Moving our things to another location is an option but it would really be nice to keep it as close as possible for when we move it back in!!!

Winter will be going fast when our project does begin!  I like to think so anyway!!!  :)  One thing that Winter does give us though is the citrus fruit!!!  I've been going to our local farmers market for groceries the past few weeks and they have great oranges, grapefruits, avocodoes, and strawberries right now!  We are enjoying them very much!!!

Getting the winter blues is no fun so stay positive!!!  :)  Grab a book!  Have a tea party!  Come help me pack up!  :)  Visit elderly!  (Our grandparents are in Florida!  I think I should visit them there!!!  :)  )  Be a blessing!