Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hoops!

Basketball season has begun and fast here at this home!  Hadassah had her first game last week and lost.  Then her second game was Monday night at school and lost again but played great.  Tuesday, she had another after school game VS Bethany Christian School and lost by only one point.  She played great at this game to and even scored! 





 
Watching girls play this game is vicous.  They throw their hands and arms into each other's faces.  When they get the ball or retrieve it, they hang on to it for dear life!  So many jump balls come from that.  They make lots of shoots, get the rebounds and try to make the basket again!  I said that night that I'm waiting for someone to start bleeding or get an eye poked.  But, but ... I am happy they make a good effort!  Hadassah loves this game and it's great exercise running back and forth the court.

Mike, Matthew, Ashlyn and I all sit along the side lines and cheer!  We have many more games to attend and we hope we start a winning streak real soon!

...........................................

I've been spending extra time down at moms this week.  She had her thyroid surgery done on Friday and she did great!  She was able to come home on Saturday with a major soar throat and orders from the doctors to not do anything for 10 days.  Her throat is healing and eating soups is on her menu a lot!  Yesterday, she tried some salad (and soup :) ) for lunch and that went well.

Each of us children said we would take a day to get mom's laundry, get her lunch and supper, and anything else she has for us to do.  It's worked out good so far and even though it wasn't my day yet, I was down every day.  Not all day but just stopping in is fun! 

I texted and offered to bring a baby meal to Anna Ruth's yesterday, so I figured since they live really close to dad's, I would make my foods at mom's.  Ashlyn and I went down in the morning and walked in with my huge bag of foods.  Mom was happy for our company but she would have been entertained well without me there too.  She had lots of people stopping in all day and that makes her smile and her day go fast.  She feels good but isn't allowed to move her neck too much so having company makes her healing days go by faster.  I prepared my foods and baked cookies while we all chatted!  The day did go fast for me too and it was time to deliver the baby meal!  I then rushed home to get Matthew off the bus and then to Hadassah's basketball game at 4 PM!  I made lasagna in the crock pot for our supper and it was so tasty after a day in the kitchen!  Yum!  Now we are ready to go visit Mike's parents before they start making their trips to the sunny south!  Mom Lapp said she would make us homemade ice cream and we all love that!!!  :)  We played some settlers and then ate homemade ice cream!!!  Fun night especially when you win!  ;)

This winter has been busy so far!  I think it will take a snow storm to slow down.  Our 1000 piece puzzle is still at the beginning stages.  I keep thinking that I can start packing up some housing things soon.  Things like bookshelves and closets will be boxed and stored soon.  We are going to see our blueprint and make some changes if necessary tomorrow!  Mike and I are excited about this and hopefully the township will have us our permits sooner rather than later!!!

..............................................

I am in week 14 with baby growing inside!  I am feeling much, much better!  The extra iron pills and good nutrition is a plus!  I can cook again.  Drink decaf coffee.  Smell things like lotions, soaps and candles again!  My cravings have calmed down some and my stomach is now doing much better with eating only three meals a day instead of every two hours!  :)  My belly is popping out a small bit and I have switched to maternity shirts.  I have my second doctor appointment next week and I am ready to actually "hear" the baby's heartbeat!  I was only able to only "see" it on the ultra sound last visit.

We pray for our baby every day!  Ashlyn says she wants a baby sister but she still refers to it as a baby boy and says we will name it .... _______________ ???  She came up to me the other day and kissed my belly and said hi to baby.  She is going to be all over this baby once it joins our family!  We can't wait!

................................................

Winter time is time for extra sleep, extra rest, playing games and time to read and do puzzles.  Sipping on warm drinks is such a delight!  I've always said, "If it's going to be cold ... it may as well snow!"  When we see snow in the forecast, we cheer!

For now, it's been a really cold week with many people ice skating.  Enjoy this season of cold, snow, and freezing tempts.  Even though winter is my least favorite season, I know Spring comes next!!!  Cheers!  :)

Stay warm.  Stay dry.  Stay connected with the Lord by reading more scripture and doing a bible study!  I'm loving life and feeling blessed!  One of my favorite hours of the day is 8 - 9 AM!  I have the radio on and I love, love the music that gets played on WDAC in the morning hours.  This morning, as I was cooking breakfast for the kids, this song came on!  I love it so much and I sang with it meaning the words as I sang!!!  Don't you just love it when you can have a "God moment" while flipping eggs!  :)