Friday, February 27, 2015

Packing up ... one box at a time.

I have been packing one box at a time.  I am trying to pack up the things we will not need until the house project is complete.  I am trying to mark the boxes that I pack clearly so that when I go to unpack them, it won't be a guessing game as to where it goes.  Now, I know that I will have different places for different things when the house is all remodeled but marking the boxes should still be helpful!!! 

I have also tried to not let this whole project get me in knots or a stiff back but it is work!  Every day I think about it.  Every day I try to work ahead because I have this feeling that when we do actually get our permits, things will move quickly!  I can't pack up a whole house, garage, barn and closets in a day.  Or two days.  It takes lots of boxes and some kind of organization.

We have lived in this same house for fourteen years and I admit that things accumulate over the years.  Today, I got everything (well one little box is still there because I can't reach it) out from under our bed.  You may think ... what?  What do you store under your bed?  I had some large pictures under there that I only use over the holidays.  Some old photo's of younger years.  Some bedding things.  A box of old cards.  Etc..  I carried them all downstairs to our storage area.  I also boxed some clothing that I will not be wearing - for a few months anyway.  My closet is nothing but maternity right now!  It's hard to know if the house project will be done before baby arrives so I marked that box "summer clothes".  Just in case I have to come searching for smaller clothing.  :)  I went to Staples and bought two wardrobe boxes.  These cardboard boxes are used for hanging clothing in them while moving.  I look at all Mike's shirts and if I can avoid unfolding them all and ironing them when they go into his new closet ... I will!  Keeping them all hung up will help!  I don't like to iron!  :/  Plus, I will have a few things myself to add to these boxes. 

Mom and Jody were here the other day and we packed up all my china dishes.  The hutch and curio cabinet are now for sale.  They are both in cherry stain and in good condition.  If you or someone you know is interested, send me a message!  Thanks for your help ladies!  They carried box after box downstairs for me that I had put all our book shelf books into.  Games are boxed up.  Pictures are being carried down.  With my belly growing, this makes me tired so with their help, it went three times as fast!  :)

I asked Mike if tomorrow we can go through the garage and barn?  We have so much stuff that needs to be junked or moved.  Why do I store old printers in the garage?  Why do we have ten pairs of knee pads for hockey laying around in the barn?  All the bikes, freezer and food, water cooler and attic will be attacked tomorrow!  At least I am hoping so!  :)

Today I also made our payment for our new appliances.  We went a few weeks ago to pick out what we will need and to get great rebates and discounts, we needed to get these items paid for and ordered. 

We are still waiting for a cabinet pricing.  I went to three different cabinet shops and showed each one our blueprint.  I went over three times all the details ... kitchen, laundry, mudroom and bathrooms.  We will make a decision on the cabinet company in a few weeks.

God will help me/us through this whole project!  I need to only focus on today.  I don't like a bunch of changes all at one time and so this will be a stretch.  I can admit that.  I'm allowed to.  It feels better when I do.  When I think about all that needs to be done yet, I could go in a panic!!!  That wouldn't be good!  :)  Or I could think - what if we are still not finished when baby dear arrives?  We may not be moved in July.  But we may be!?!  One box, one day at a time is my focus!  A deep breath, lots of prayer and plenty of patience!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Spring is always a very busy time for us.  The ball practices begin and then the games start.  Little League for Matthew and ballgames for hubby.  We plant many garden seeds.  We start pulling weeds and mowing the lawn.  I love to visit greenhouses and flowers get planted.  School days are filled with events and the last days are counted down.  BUT ... it will be different this Spring.  Well, at least some of it.  I'm sure we will be just as busy!  The ball games will still start.  I'm not sure how much of a garden we will have with the outside of the house being a mess from digging?  I would love to move my garden and make it bigger!  Maybe next year?  Pulling weeds and mowing yard will be a lot less until later in the summer.  New grass will need to be sown and I'll let the landscapers do their job!  I will still visit greenhouses even if it means to just eww and aww over the beauty!  :)  I know that this Spring and Summer will be filled with lots of memories and so I hope blogging can continue through it all!  I also hope that my pregnancy keeps going fast!  I'm half way through already and the time does seem to be going quickly!