Monday, December 14, 2015

Busy week ...

Here we go ... take a deep breath ... we have a lot going on this week!!!

Every year we seem to have a crazy busy week right before Christmas.  Things just get all piled up the last full week before Christmas but we would not want to miss any of these events!!!

The only night we have open this week is tonight and just yesterday I got a text that Rosa is around and she planned a quick night out for some friends to gather for coffee.  I did hesitate for a minute before responding but Mike said to go!  I love these fun night outings with just moms and so I'm looking forward to it girls!!!

Tomorrow, mom and I are going to set up for the employee banquet and prepare some snacks.  This is usually a fun time too and we appreciate our employees and hard workers so much!!!  I also need to pick up more Christmas cards because I just can't ever seem to order enough!  It's a good thing to have many friends and we are so blessed!  I was reminded of this again yesterday.  Our church had their walk through nativity this past weekend and it was so neat!  Mike and Matthew were shepherds on Saturday night and didn't get to bed till after midnight.  Over 1,000 people walked through each scene just in one night.  I took Hadassah, Ashlyn and Austin and we walked through it and waved to the boys in the shepherd scene.  Matthew loved it!  We saw many friends!  It was a great reminder of how the birth of Jesus may have all taken place.  Great job actors!!!

Here we are on our way to see the Christmas play.  Then enjoying some snack afterwards. 

We had our first Christmas dinner with the Dienners yesterday after church.  We all crowded in Alvin's basement.  The unusual warm temperatures let the kids run around outside even without jackets.  Mike and I and Dave and Suz got to sneak out and go through the nativity together.  With leaving Ashlyn and Austin with my mom, it was such a quick, fun few hours of hanging out with my hubby!  Thanks mom!!!  Mike and Dave even set up Acquire in the parking lot while we waited for our bus to take us to the nativity.  :)  We got back to Alvin's with everyone clearing out.  The Dienner Clan does not usually hang out late.  We said thanks and good bye and came home.  We love Daudy and Mommy D.!!!  Family is special!

Now looking ahead at the rest of the week, we have lots going on.  Lots happening at the house too.  Paint touch ups.  Wallpaper put in the master bedroom.  Carpet.  Shower tile finishing up.  More counter tops and cabinets put in place.  We worked at the house on Saturday and I got the front porch looking a little like Christmas time! 

We made a quick trip out to Target on Saturday and Austin slept the entire time.
 Hunter and Ashlyn eating lunch at the house with a card board box for their table.  :)
 Lunch time for Matthew too.  Ashlyn was in the mud.
 Front porch ...
 Awake and in the stroller watching mom!
 Mike tried to move the barn a little closer to the house so we could get the things from there moved into the new garage.  Ashlyn is opening up our mail in the garage barefoot.  Yes, it was a warm day in December.
 Nap time again ...

Now, I should get started on packing up some of the basement things.  We hope to move next week!!!  And my laundry is waiting for me too!!!  Mike and I are going out this afternoon to pick out light fixtures.  Another thing to cross off the list!!!   

Through the busy schedules, I wish you all health and peace this week!!!

Christmas is such a wonderful time of year!!!