Friday, December 11, 2015

Excited!!!

I am so excited to see what's all going on at the house!!!!  You know when you do such a big project like this, you sometimes wonder if the journey is ever going to end?  Will all this get done?  When we want it to? 

Well this week has been huge for getting things done over there!!!!  We stop in almost every day and each time I wish that something new has been accomplished!  And it has!!! 





 Sister Jody is painting a buffet server for me!!!  I love how it's turning out!!!



* The front porch got poured concrete!!!
* The kitchen island is being installed today and I love it!!!
* The mud room area cabinets are installed and ready for us to use them!
* The bathroom granite, toilets and showers are put in place.
* Master bath granite and fixtures are being worked on!
* Garage doors are hung!
* The tile and hardwood floors are laid.  The master bathroom floors are being worked on yet.
* The grater is pushing dirt around outside and getting ready for grass seeds.  This year yet???  Don't know?
* Electrician is putting on receptacles.

It is so wonderful to have all this done and here's some of what needs to be done yet.

* Touch up paint and wall paper hung in the master bedroom.
* Some furniture painted by our painter.
* Carpet laid.
* Doors hung.
* Lights hooked up.
* Tile shower and floor done.
* Blinds installed.
* Laundry room cabinets need finished up.  I'm not sure what the deal is with our laundry room?  I dreamt of having a nice place to do laundry and get out of the garage!  It's happening but the other day I got another call from WoodArt.  "Did you order counter tops for the laundry room?"  Ummm, I can't remember.  Seriously, when you order and do so many different things it's hard to remember what all got ordered!  At least for me it is!  So, I called up Lapp Topps right away and no, we missed ordering that.  So, we have it ordered now, plus a laundry sink, and it's getting installed on Tuesday when they come to put on the island granite!!!  Simple, right?!?  :)
* Clean the whole place from head to toe!!!!  It is a huge blessing that we were given the option to get in cleaners to do this first time deep cleaning!  They come on Dec. 21!!!
* The closet shelving gets installed on Dec. 22.
* The appliances and plumbing all get installed next week!

I'm sure there is a ton of things that need done without this list but my point is that it really is coming together!!!  We are still wishing to move on December 22!!!  Just in time to celebrate the best holiday season of all!!!  I'm such a seasonal person that I will probably be decorating for Christmas after Christmas this year ... but who cares!!!  The kids, Mike and I love all the fresh greens and Christmas tree and lights and ornaments ... so let it all happen.  Maybe just a tad later this year???  We will be focused on getting things in place and the house function able first.  :)

With all this happening, our week next week is packed full!!!  Parties, a movie night, employee banquet, basketball, 8th grade field trip to Baltimore, a baseball team supper, etc..  I don't think we will have another night just loafing in the basement.  Our days will be full and evenings spent with family and friends!!!

Isn't this the greatest time of year?  Mom has this big red berry bush right outside the basement window and it is so gorgeous right now!!!  Twice, I saw a blue bird eating the berries and perching on the branches!  We still have the Christmas music going!  We are finishing up wrapping gifts and I can't wait to have them under the Christmas tree (even if it's only for a day or so!!!).  :)  Christmas is extra exciting for us this year!!!

Please pray for our family as we pack up.  Move back home.  And spend joyous time with our family and friends!  I don't want to be so busy doing things just for us and the house ... but I want to be sure to take time out for others too!!!

I am feeling so blessed today!!!