Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 9 snow!!!

Yes, that is right ... I said April snow!  Yesterday while the concrete crew was pouring our front walks and back patio step, it started to snow.  They sat in their truck for a little while the big white flurries danced in the air.  It wasn't long before they were at work again and we now have front walks and a big back patio!!!  We are going to make so many fun memories on the back porch!!!  I just know that it will be Austin's favorite spot all summer! 

I was hoping yesterday to mow our tiny grass strip but I don't ever remember mowing while it snowed, so I waited.  :)  The forecast said that there will be more snow showers in the morning.  Some were saying 3-5 inches and others said only a dusting.  If it were up to me, I would be more than happy to say good bye to snow for a long time now! 

And, right now, as I type, it is snowing big white flurries outside again!!!  I do think that maybe the kids could make a small snowman but so far, they are content inside.  Landon and Sophie are here to occupy them.  :)  They were here over night and Ashlyn was looking so forward to having a sleep over with Sophie!  It's sad to say that Ashlyn is now not feeling well.  All week she kept complaining of her head hurting.  No fevers really.  She took a few naps and then seemed to be fine again.  But, last night she started with a fever and threw up once.  I guess that nasty fever bug is trying to enter our home!  We've been healthy all winter and I was happy to skip out on any flu bugs!  Join us in praying for Ashlyn! 

Snow in April ...

 
Also, we are so happy to now have a back patio and front walks.  This has been the project for this week!  Only a few touch ups need done and this project is complete!


Austin loves looking at books and especially this one!!!  Animals and I make their sounds!
 
 
Have a great weekend!!!  Stay warm!  :)