Friday, May 6, 2016

It's May!!!

from: Jonny Diaz
 
 
It's May and this is usually our crazy busy month!!!  That's why this song is so fitting for our "real life" right now!!!  :)
 
===================
Right now, we are in the home stretch of finishing up 8th grade for Hadassah and 5th grade for Matthew.  They are both working very hard to finish up their work with excellent grades!!!  For that to happen, Hadassah is in her work books almost all evening, every evening.  We will really, really be ready to take a break from such a high demand of homework!!!  Summer vacation will be a wonderful break!  She is hoping to be lining up some summer jobs here soon! 
 
 
As for Matthew, he just finished up his history project and even a day early!  I think I can say that he has learned his lesson from the last project he had to do.  We are now determined to not let things until the night before!!!  Today he is having a very rainy day in Gettysburg with his class.  
 
Both kids are very excited about the final weeks of school because it will be field trips, track-n-field, last of soccer games, spring program and then graduation!!!  We have a very excited girl in the house about graduating and heading on to high school in the fall!!!
 
====================
Ever since Ashlyn turned five, she's been talking non stop!  Her intelligence level went up a notch too.  Her language is now big talk!!!  :)  From a little mouth.  It's so cute!  As much as I love her here at home with me every day, she will be ready for kindergarten when school starts in the fall.  She did great for her screening the other day and loved every bit of it all!!!  I know she will thrive in school! 
 

 Still her favorite lunch!!!
 
She constantly wants me to do something with her all day long.  All day long!!!  I'm trying to be patient with it because I know it's only a stage and I need to enjoy all the free time with her!  But if I'm honest, I'm usually ready for some adult conversation when the older kids come home from school and with Mike when he's home from work!  Every stage has so many blessings!!!
 
=====================
Austin turned 10 months old!  He is being a real trip right now!  His sleeping is better.  Still not consistently sleeping through the night, but better.  He taps great naps during the day.  He's trying new foods and even though he's not real enthused, it's coming!  :)  He loves his blankie, his siblings and especially his dad!!!  Mike don't stand a chance but to hold him immediately when he gets home from work.  Austin goes crazy for him!!!  It's the cutest thing ever!!!
 
 
Enjoying a donut hole.  Well, as I keep mentioning how it's a challenge to get this kid to eat foods, I was shocked the other day!  As I was changing his pamper, I saw something pink in his pamper.  I looked again and I couldn't believe what I saw!  There was a pink Polly pocket shoe in his pamper!!!!  He must have swallowed it while playing on the floor!!!  I was so glad that I didn't know he swallowed it because I would have gotten worried that it would get stuck.  It is super tiny and soft but I still could not believe he actually had swallowed it!!!  The kid hardly eats foods!!!  It's another reminder to keep our tiny toys OFF of the floor!!!  Or out of his hands reach!
 
 
He is getting more daring with his steps too.  Every now and then he lets go and surprises himself!  He crawls super fast now around the kitchen and gets somewhere fast!  He cleans out my cabinet drawers.  Splashes in the bath tub.  Giggles so much!  His hair is growing so perfectly!  He is our little charmer!
 
===================
Mike - he's out on a bike ride!  A really long ride!  All the way to the Haft in Bradford County!  180 miles to exact!!!  He loves riding and has been training for this big ride all spring!  I'm proud of how he fits this into his busy schedule. 
 
He is also a Sunday school teacher once again.  He's a great teacher and he has a gift for sure.  Teaching comes fairly easy for Mike.  It's going through the book of Genesis for in depth studying! 
 
====================
Me - I'm trying to keep up with all the end of school papers.  Field trips.  Pick ups and drop offs.  I'm joggling teenager and baby with two in between!  :)  The outside work is still knee deep and I could and should be pulling weeds for a whole week to get ready for some fresh mulch and flowers.  I don't ever remember waiting to plant flowers after Mother's Day ... but never did we have our outside in such a torn up and cleaning up mess either.  The whole house project is in the final stages, however.  I'm not meaning to complain about the projects because they are all truly blessings!!!  We are loving our home and getting the outside landscaped and looking good will enhance this property much!!!  We hope that in a few weeks, landscaping will be under way!!! 
 
It's another rainy day!!!  We are so ready to have the sun shine again and have our normal May weather conditions!!! 
 
It's Friday!!!  Have a great weekend!