Monday, May 16, 2016

Rain, rain, rain = spring time grass!

It has been raining and raining for what seems like a very long time now!!!  Even the forecast this week is saying more rain!  I know it's spring time and that usually brings extra rains and it sure is proving itself true for this year.  As much as we are all ready for warmer tempts and tons of glorious sunshiny days, I'm not complaining because our newly sown grass is starting to grow and turn green!!!  Our ground has been drinking up every drop of rain and our new gardens are appreciating all the rains too!!!  Having showers from heaven sure beats running the sprinkler night and day!  It's also a job to keep up with all the weeds but they seem to always grow, rain or shine!  So, thank you God for the rains and I will be ever so grateful for the warm sunshine and cloudless days!!!

That reminds me of something else that I'm grateful for again.  Health!!!  I celebrated another birthday on Thursday and turning 35 didn't seem to add any more grays or wrinkles or pounds and my day was spent at Hadassah's ball tournament for school.  It was a sunny day squished in with all our rains and so the kids and I sat and watched the first two games.  The second game went better but they ended up loosing to both teams.  The rest of the afternoon Hadassah spent watching the other teams compete and cheer!  Meanwhile, I brought home Austin for a nap and finished up my cleaning.  I was happy to not have to cook supper because it was my birthday treat to pick where we would eat dinner.  I chose Panera Bread.  Matthew and Hadassah were both home from school and baseball.  Mike came home and I was trying to decide if I wanted or needed to pop an Advil or Tylenol before leaving the house.  I felt a slight headache coming on and my nose and sinuses were hurting.  I decided to wait and eat something healthy first.  We had a great time at Panera all sitting around a small table enjoying soups, salads and sandwiches.  When we got home I still had a slight headache but I pushed off the meds and grabbed for the vitamin C!  I felt blessed to have another fun birthday day and the white and red roses that Mike gave me are smelling so good on the kitchen counter.  We tucked the kids into bed and then we went to bed.






I woke up around midnight feeling absolutely awful!!!  My nose was dripping.  My head hurt.  I had a major sore throat.  I felt like I was blasted with a flu bug.  I went for more vita C and flopped on the couch.  I was up often throughout the night.  When Mike got up for work, he knew I wasn't feeling well!  I was so tired and achy.  He called his dear mother and asked if Austin could come for the day.  Thanks to her, Austin was cared for all day by a much more pleasant surrounding!  Mike had to take Hadassah to school early for her field trip to DC.  From there he dropped off Austin at his moms.  I set my phone alarm for when to wake up Matthew for school.  Then I set my phone alarm again for when it was time for him to go out for the bus.  I was feeling so horrible!  When Ashlyn woke up she knew something wasn't right and after her sweet prayer, I made her a quick pancake and went to sleep.  She played alone and did great entertaining herself.  I woke up at 11 and called mom.  I was wondering how Austin was doing and I hoped to be able to pick him up after lunch.  Well, my body was so sick and Ashlyn was so happy when my mom stopped in and took her along to Costco.  The house was quite and I rested.  That's what I needed to do and actually all I could do.  I went from the couch to the bed all afternoon.   When Mike came home from work, he had Austin with him.  Austin was so happy to be with Ashlyn and Matthew and even though I was under the weather, I missed him!  The kids and Mike went outside and mowed and worked and Austin was loving the skid loader rides and swing time!  At 8 PM, Matthew brought Austin inside.  He needed a pamper change, his pj's on and given a bottle.  My head felt a bit better but when I sat up I felt like I was going to throw up.  Yet my stomach wasn't hurting.  So weird!!!  I got up to care for Austin when I went running out to the bathroom and after spitting up nothing much, I felt better!  My body was weak but I felt much better!  I was praying and hoping that this strange sickness would leave as fast as it came!!!  And it did!!!  Mike picked up Hadassah at school at 10 PM and we all got tucked into bed again and I slept good all night! 

Hadassah had a fun day in Washington DC with her class.  Graduation is coming up fast and the eighth graders are getting excited!!!





Health is something I am always grateful for!!!  Especially much when I just got over a sickness myself.  My prayers and thoughts went and still go to all those fighting diseases!  Fighting long cancer treatments.  Fighting against depression because of not feeling well or having energy.  There are many people who don't remember the last day that they really did feel good!  My energy is back!  My health is back to 100%!  No more sniffles or sore throat!  I know I was touched by God and to him I thank for my restored health and healthy family!!!

My mom came up last Wednesday and helped me work outside.  The weeds are going wild and with moms help, we tackled them hard!  Mom brought her small tiller along and it worked great in between the pine trees!  We went for flowers last Monday and we got them planted too!!!  We are still waiting for landscaping to be done around the house but at least this is looking better out back!  Thank you mom for coming to help me!


The kids are enjoying the swing again this spring!  Austin loves it!!!




Mike moved Ashlyn's play house back to the garden on Saturday right before a big thunderstorm went through!  We are slowly getting to these projects.  Ashlyn would love a small garden bed for herself.  I would love to get a fence around the garden.  Her little house looks darling by the gardens!



Our lettuce is looking great!  It won't be too long and we will be eating fresh greens straight from the garden beds! 


Mike and I enjoyed a night out just him and I on Saturday night!  We were on our way to Iron Hill Brewery when I called to put our name in for reservations.  They said they were all booked up till 8:15.  We decided to go to Lancaster Brewing Company instead and we had a great time.  Just him and I!!!  We love evening out together just the two of us!  We made a few stops on the way back home.  One, was at Lowe's and we purchased a fire pit for the back porch.  Mike is really ready for some camp fire fun on the back porch!  Two, we stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond for a new car seat for Austin!  He's still in the newborn car seat and really needs to be put into a bigger seat!  He will love this change!  Three, we stopped in to say a quick hello to HK and Lynn.  Fighting cancer is no fun!!!  We had a great talk and we were both blessed by these two folks over and over again in our past years!  Thanks for the fun night out, Babe!!!

Today is sunny and windy.  There is more rain in the forecast for this week.  Maybe I'll get some scrapbooking finished???  I'm excited for a fun outing with my sisters later this week too!!!

Spring time is busy with pulling weeds but pretty with planting flowers.  Dirty toes and fingers from working in the garden but delicious foods are soon ready to eat!  Our brown lawn is turning green from all the rains!  We are so blessed!!!