Saturday, September 3, 2016

September is here.

My favorite months are May and September!  It's the beginning of warm weather and then the start of cooler weather.  September is the month where you pull out the jackets and sweaters and yet enjoy the warm sunshine in the middle of the day!  September is when I pull out some fall décor and start burning those pumpkin candles!  Fall scents and smells and tastes are so comforting and soothing!  They really make me feel warm and cozy inside.  Warm gingerbread, pumpkin spice and cinnamon are smells I never get tired of! 

September is when we are in full swing with school once again.  The bedtimes have improved greatly and I like that!  Even though our morning times are now earlier, we adjust.  Hadassah is really enjoying the new school setting in high school.  Last week they had their first classes and she liked them!  She asked to buy lunch at the café this week and even enjoyed a latte one afternoon.  I can tell we will need to make a budget for school snacks and treats or it could get costly!  Matthew really had a great time at Black Rock but came back home with a few big scratches on his face.  He said he scrapped his face on the bottom of the pool.  Yikes!  It didn't seem to hurt him too much.  He also finished up the last of his meds for Lyme's!  He are praying for complete healing!  He is feeling much better and has his energy back!  PTL!  Ashlyn had a few short days of kindergarten and next week she starts going full days.  Miss. Peterson is being looked up to so much by this girl!  I know Ashlyn is going to have a terrific year learning her letters and begin sounding out words!  She will be excited to pack a lunch soon!  Austin is my little fun guy while the others are in school.  So far he cried each time he saw them all get on the bus and drive away.  It's so not fair for him to have to stay back with mom.  :)  I am really enjoying our one on one time though!  He demands so much of my attention but I am finding that I enjoy this more when all my attention can really be on him.

Fall is just around the corner and that's why I pulled out some fall décor the other day.  Hadassah came home from school and said, "Mom, really?  Fall stuff?"  I smiled and even though I am never ready to say goodbye to summer and swimming and watermelon and cookouts, I nicely told her that I do like fall too.  I love all things pumpkin.  We don't wait till Christmas arrives to put up decorations and so I won't wait for fall décor much longer either!  :)  Fall and Thanksgiving go by so fast and then we turn the house into a Christmas celebration.  I'm gonna enjoy these fall scents for as long as I can!!!!!!

September brings us Labor Day Weekend.  Mike says that we "planned to stay home this weekend".  Some of my family went to the cabin and that would be so fun to join them but we said no.  We were invited to go to another cabin with friends, but no.  We planned a fun weekend right here at home!  We plan on setting up a tent in the back yard and let Mike and the kids sleep in there.  Heehee.  :)  Campfires and smores are on the top of the list.  Biking rail trails and having a picnic will be fun!  Maybe we will even get to swim a bit???  Whatever we do will be at home or not far away.  It's going to be fun!  I just hope Mike's allergies let him step outside without blasting him with sneezes!!!!!

All cheers for the month of September!!!  We have a full month of soccer practice and games, attending our school auction, getting back into school, volleyball games and lots of warm apple cider!!!  Life is not boring here at house!  It's really full of vibrant children enjoying life!  Mike and I are so blessed to be the parents of these kids that keep us young!  :)


And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.: