Thursday, June 15, 2017

Summer projects ...

 
 
There always seems to be some kind of project going on around here or something to work on!!!  We still had a few piles of left over bricks that Mike hauled away on Saturday!  I will not miss mowing out a round these any more.  We hope to use these for pathways in between the raised garden beds!!!  For now, they got moved away!
 



 
And the shed is in place!!!  Mike designed this cool looking shed and I love it!  Ashlyn and I went to the local nursery and bought some grasses and roses and Mike planted them for us!!!  Then we mulched and all we need to do yet and water the plants and fix up the bare spots of grass in the yard!!!  Yeah!  And maybe buy some window boxes for the bottom row of windows???


Matthew is hot and heavy into ball season.  On Monday night, the Tigers had THREE games to play!  5:30, 6:30 & 7:30!!!  They never had this many in one night other than tournaments.  It was hot but the boys played well!!!  They won all three!!!



Austin likes the ballgames but this was a long night!  Mike helps coach each game but Austin was ready for some Daddy time too.  He joined the team for prayer on the field.  :)))

And we've been having really warm weather this week!!!  Monday and Tuesday it reached above 90 degrees!!!  We went to Annie's pool on Monday.  On Tuesday the kids put the sprinkler under the trampoline and slipped and slid on it!!!  What a good time they had!!!




We went to the pool again on Wednesday!  We sure are making the most of the warm days with being outside in the sunshine!!! 

Today, was cleaning day for me here at home.  Thursday has been my day for cleaning the house for years now.  I used to do it Fridays but back when I did Shaklee diets, we met Friday mornings to weigh and I hated to come back home and then dig into cleaning.  So I bumped it up to Thursdays!  And I love it like this!  That makes Friday be the day that I can then focus on the outside work.  And maybe go to a yard sale now and then.  I have Bethany again this summer helping Hadassah and I clean!  It works so good!  We have a system and we all work together to clean the house!!!  We even get windows cleaned and it's lunch time when we finish!  I love this system because we get extras cleaned without it ALL being me do the work!!!  It gives the rest of us the whole afternoon to be outside and have free time!  Thanks Bethany and Hadassah for being my maids this summer!!!  :)

We like warm weather and summer time!!!  We are enjoying the pool days!  Strawberries and fresh cut lettuce and sugar peas are on our daily menu!  Summer time is fun!!!