Monday, June 26, 2017

Happy 40th Birthday Mike!!!

We surprised him!!! 
 
All the invites were sent out a few weeks ago.  Arrangements were made with Fisher's Catering to bring the food, cake and ice cream ... plus décor!!!  The garage was cleaned out in case of bad weather.  Gifts were purchased.  ALL WITHOUT Mike finding out about his surprise 40th birthday party!!!
 
And what a fun party it was!!!  When I ordered the invites and got them addressed, I tried to think of the people that meant a whole lot to Mike and I!  Family is always invited to birthday bashes!  Friends from far and near came to celebrate Mike's special party yesterday!!!
 
I was scratching my head and tried to think of the easiest and yet best way to get Mike surprised for his 40th party!  I mentioned to my mom about having us come to their house after church for lunch and then drive home around 2 PM and have Mike surprised with having things all set up and ready to go.  Then I rethought about it and decided to just come straight home after church and let the caterers surprise him when they show up.  When I planned the party, I didn't know that it was going to be on our church building dedication ceremony.  Honey Brook Community Church is building a church in Honey Brook and we had a ground breaking ceremony after our regular church service yesterday.  This meant we would be getting home later but that was fine.  Mike was asked to be at church a little earlier yesterday morning because he is the chairman for the new church building project that will be built in the upcoming months!  So, he took Austin with him and left a little earlier.  The other children and I met them at church. 
 
After both services, I came home with the children.  Mike was still talking to people and just hanging out.  He ended up eating a piece of pizza there before heading home.  Meanwhile, Steve and Ruth Fisher arrived and they set up food for the party!  The best planning arrangement for the party was getting Ruth to cater for us!!!  This meant I didn't need to prepare any food!  She did everything!  The smoked brisket, salad, relish tray, chips, cake and ice cream were so yummy.  Plus, drinks and décor!!!  Steve and Ruth had delicious food and served us so well!!!  They stayed the entire time and filled up drinks and foods when needed.  It was so much more relaxing for me!!!  Thank you Steve and Ruth for your hard work! 
 
I finally texted Mike at 1:30 and said that lunch is ready and where is he?  He didn't know it but his party was about to start and he wasn't home from church yet!  :)))
 
Ashlyn was so excited when I told her about Mike's party on the way home from church.  She said, "I'm so excited I could cry!"  Her and I just simply couldn't wait for Mike to pull in the garage and lead him to the back porch and tell him about his surprise party!!!  He finally got home at 1:45 PM!  He didn't have a clue what was happening until we showed him all the food and people started arriving! 
 
Matthew and some of his friends carried out lawn chairs and Mike got the canopy set up in the back yard.  The whole day was filled with sunshine and friends in the back yard!!!  All because Mike is turning 40!!! 
 

 


The invite said a drop in from 2-6 PM.  We had a house full all afternoon!  Mike loved it!!!


Our caterers did such a great job!

I invited Mike's golfing friends and he was so surprised when Mike Weaver and his wife walked in!!!  They are from Ohio and came for Mike's party!!!  Wow!!!

 
Time for some cake and ice cream!!!


I love this man so much!!!  Doesn't 40 look so good on him!?!?!

Mike received lots of cards and gifts!  Thank you everyone for your thoughtfulness and humor!




We ended the evening with sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows and drinking coffee!  We are blessed with the best friends ever in our lives and parties would never be fun if they wouldn't be filled with people that make us laugh.  People we love!!!  People who listen to our hearts.  That care and drive all the way from Ohio and The Haft just to say happy birthday!!!  However, we missed Dad Lapp so much at this party!  He would have loved to be here but is still lying at home so weak, so sick.  We were happy to have Mom Lapp join us for a few minutes! 

Many thanks to all who joined the party and made it such a fun day!!!

Happy Birthday Michael!!!

I love you so much!!!