Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy Birthday, Austin!!!

Our party hats are still on!  Austin turned 2 and we couldn't be more blessed than to have this Little Man in our lives!!! 

Austin was born into our lives when we were in the beginning stages of remodeling our house.  We have waited and waited for permits and when they finally got approved and the building schedule was put in place, I was highly pregnant!  I packed boxes and went up and down steps with a large tummy and swollen feet.  We lived in our home for 14 years and there was so much to go through, pack up, throw out or donate. 

I had an ultra sound done at only 10 weeks pregnant because when I made my first prenatal doctors visit, the doctor could not find a baby heart beat.  I went for an ultra sound that same afternoon.  Even though I hadn't taken an pregnancy test, I just knew I was pregnant.  I had all the signs and proofs of another baby on the way!  I drank cup upon cups of water before lying down on the table for my revealing of baby in the womb!  Mike was with me for my doctor visit but needed to get back to work before the ultra sound appointment.  I stretched out on the table praying that our baby would be safe and sound!  The technician started the process and HALLELUJAH baby was squirming and swimming all around inside of me!!!  I thanked Jesus for this gift of life!  I called Mike the minute I was off the table and tried to get to the bathroom as soon as possible!  All that water I had to drink was filling my bladder fast!  I was so happy to be heading back to the shop to give Mike a hug and a kiss and gives cheers for proof of another baby on the way!

And because my due date was July 11, I went for my C-section doctors appointment in the Spring.  I was fairly certain that because of July 4th being a holiday weekend, I would need to pick a date after the holiday for surgery.  I meet with my surgeon and he looked at my records and said that my early ultra sound due date said July 8!  I could have our baby on July 1!!!  I was such a happy momma and any date closer to the beginning of July was good news to me!!!

Austin was born on July 1, 2015!  Healthy!  A baby boy!  With blond hair.  Blue eyes.  Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes.  All so adorable in such a tiny package!  Surgery went well but recovery was rough the first few days.  I had so much pain in my wrist plus my belly.  It felt like 100 bees were stinging my hand!  They had numerous nurses come and check my IV line thinking that maybe that was causing the pain!  Nothing seemed to help but ice!  The next day was the pain in my stomach from  gas pockets due to a surgery.  By day three I was still so sore and felt like I needed just one more night in the hospital and take advantage of the nurses help!  I wished I could watch fireworks from the hospital window but instead I got to hold our dear son in my arms and kiss my darling children and handsome husband when they came to visit Austin and I!

Austin did fairly well as a newborn.  Not my best baby but not colic either!  One thing we found out real soon with him was that he hated his carseat!!!  Then we moved out of our house when he was only 5 weeks old.  Family and friends helped us move temporally to Mike's parents basement.  That's where we lived for the next five months.  We took a trip to Dublin, Ohio, on Labor Day Weekend for Mike to play some ball.  It was there that Austin caught his first little sniffles and it messed up his sleeping pattern big time!!!  During the day, Austin would nap in the crib in our bedroom in the basement.  During the night, he would sleep in the pack N play in the basement kitchen.  The other kids beds were all in the open basement and the minute Austin would cry, I would quick wake up and get him before he wakes up the entire sleeping family.  It was stressful.  I didn't want him to cry or disturb Dad's upstairs.  Even a small whimper would disturb Mike and the kids in their sleep.  I was SO ready to have Austin in his own crib, in his own bedroom and sleeping all night!  All of our other babies were trained to sleep all night at a very young age but I felt like I just couldn't get Austin on any decent schedule.  Mostly because of the house renovations and the lack of quiet spaces in the open basement.

We moved back into our new, remodeled home the week of Christmas!  Again, not the best timing in the world but we went for it!  We appreciated Dad's basement to live in and it was surprising how fast it did feel like a home even though we kept reminding ourselves of the word "temporary" all the time.  One bathroom, one bedroom, only four receptacles to run our lamps, phone chargers and fridge off of ... with four children, including a teenager and a newborn ... brought us to the point to be really ready to move back home!  Dad and Mom were great to live with and we did however enjoy our time there!  But, in reality, nothing feels better than being back home!!!

Austin did much better once he was put to sleep in his crib.  He took his naps in silence and I was getting more sleep!  We plunged through the Christmas Season feeling rushed and extremely too busy but we were so grateful to celebrate the birth of Jesus!

Now, we blink.  Austin is growing up right before our very eyes!  He can talk.  He loves to play baseball.  His favorite thing to do with Mike is take a moped ride.  His hair color went from light to white!  He is so adorable and we love his stage in life!!!

On Saturday, July 1, I took Ashlyn and Austin over to Strasburg Railroad for a fun train ride!  They both loved every bit of it!!!

We invited Hunter and Adrian to come to!




Such good friends already!
    
Then Matt's came over for a last minute campfire, moon pie, and smores party!  We roasted moon pie sandwiches and marshmallows while the kids jumped on the trampoline and ate watermelon!  Then we finished the birthday with some sparklers in the back yard.



No filter needed here!  That gorgeous golden light was perfect!


Now the little guys turn to jump!

"Happy Birthday to you ... Austin!!!"


 
 
We love you so much Austin!!!  Thank you for being our aggressive little man!!!