Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Moving on in life ...

Where do we start after such an exhausting week last week?  My thoughts are constantly with Mom Lapp!  I'm wondering what she's doing and how she starts her new life without Dad.  I dropped in Monday just a bit.  Her house was all back to normal order and it felt good to walk through her doors and have her relaxed!  We are missing Dad!!!
 
Mom helped me last week mow our lawn but the weeds didn't get pulled last week.  That's OK because there's always this week to get to them!  And the garden was calling my name.  The garden is looking pretty good.  Zucchini and tomatoes are growing.  I always struggle to have a nice pickle plant but there are a few cucumbers hanging on.  Ashlyn is always my helper and she was delighted to help pull out the red beets yesterday morning.  She pulled out the biggest one!  We cleaned them all, cooked them, cut them in small pieces and canned them.  These will taste so yummy!!!
 


The herb box is doing well!!!  Look at all that wonderful basil!!! 

And sunflowers are one of my all time favorite flowers!!!  We attempted to make a "sunflower house" for Ashlyn by the garden but one time Hadassah mowed over them and another time it was so dry and we kept forgetting to water the seeds and another time we reseeded and now we patiently wait for them to grow.  The ground is really hard where I planted this horse shoe shaped area and I'm so jealous of all the pretty sunflowers in other peoples gardens.  I am happy to finally see some blooms!  I think next year, I will work the dirt up really good before planting seeds!




This is the first year that we bought a membership at a pool.  The upfront price seems $$$ but we have been loving it!!!  Yesterday, we didn't get to the pool till 2 PM because I was canning our red beets.  The pool wasn't full at all and it was often that the little ones had the kiddie pool to themselves!!!  It was so relaxing!  I texted Mike and asked if he would like to join us there in the evening.  We had nothing planned in the evening and so sitting by the pool as a family seemed like a great idea!!!  And he said, "Yes!"

The kids loved him there!!!  And me too!!!  :)


"Just jump in Daddy!  Come on!!!"


Austin just started yesterday to really take off with his puddle jumper on.  Normally, I need to still watch him closely because if he tipped over, he would swallow water and panic.  Not yesterday!  He balanced himself real good and even went in the deep part with Matthew and floated alone.  This is just another step to growing up for Austin.  I still watch him like a hawk in the water but it is more relaxing knowing he can control his balance!!!



Such fun times!!!
 
 
We ate supper at the pool and enjoyed the sunshine!!!  Thank you Hun for meeting us there!!!