Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Volleball at Linden Hall.



Another volleyball game ... the girls played so well on Saturday at their Trimatch Volleyball!!!  The girls met at Linden Hall in Lititz and played six tough, close games in a row ... not losing one!!!  Undefeated!  They were so happy and played well!!!
 
Meanwhile, I was the volleyball sidelines Mom that juggled a toddler while trying to watch these games.  I did drop off Ashlyn at Sophia's house for the afternoon (thanks Steve and Linda) but took the boys with me.  Austin did pretty good with playing on the bleaches and didn't fall once until the very end when he did tumble down a few bleachers but thankfully he was OK and the games were over.  It couldn't have caused great commotion.  After each game, I would let Austin run out into the courts and play a little with the volleyballs until it was game time again.  Then one of the referees turned and looked at me.  "Please keep your little guy on the bleachers while the game is being played!"  OH BOY!!!  I was trying.  I thought he was doing pretty good but sure!  I'm positive that my "Little Man" will just sit here quietly and watch the games without moving an inch.  :///  I grinned and swallowed hard and did really try to keep him on the bleachers during game time.  Those sitting around me just chuckled.  It's stressful to have a toddler at these games and my eyes are always peeled wide open toward the courts if Austin is in the hallways or outside.  I just know that at any minute he could go racing for the courts.  Matthew did help me out at the very end.  He was able to entertain him while the last of the games were played!!!  Thanks Matt!!!  On a side note, I know some of you might be thinking "well, why don't you stay home if it's stressful?"  The answer:  I wonder sometimes myself why I go and expect Austin to sit still for a few hours straight but I just can't help myself and I find myself sitting in the bleachers cheering and taking pictures and enjoying the sometimes stressful moments.  This toddler stage will pass and I'll forget all the stressful moments of keeping him still!!!
 
While the referees were trying to figure out something, the girls were being silly.  It's so much fun watching them play so well and still be having the time of their lives!!!






So happy for more wins!!!


Coach Wingard does a great job!



Hadassah played well and she was happy for all the wins!!!  Good job girls!!!