Thursday, September 7, 2017

Volleyball has begun!


When I became a Mom and Hadassah entered into our lives, we were so happy.  I was thrilled to have and hold our baby girl!!!  But with having a baby, it was also an adjustment for me to give up some of my own fleshly wants and desires because now that I was a Mom, I needed to be home much more!  Nap times and baby demands and "good bye to being free with only my schedule to live out".  Fast forward now, after having four children, I have to admit that I am rather used to the home life schedule and I wouldn't want it any other way!!!  I love most of my Mom duties and absolutely love being at home with my family!!!  And, with having the children back in school has been a fun adjustment once again but now we have their events to attend to and we are on a much better bed time habit!!!  :)
 
When school began this year we now have a Sophomore in High School, a Middle Scholar, a Kindergartner and a toddler here at home with me.  All these grades seem to be the important ones and it will be lots of learning and homework and achievements met!!!  We also now have sporting events that invaded my calendar!  But I love it!!!  For the most part.  I does take some quick suppers and late nights to make it all happen but it's fun!  Hadassah is playing Varsity Volleyball this year and let me just confirm that these games went a notch higher than previous years!!!  Hadassah is playing with much higher competition and the game is tough stuff now!!!  But, she is ready for it!!!  She did volleyball camp again this year in at Lancaster Bible College and this team has practice every afternoon for four days straight.  Each week!!!  They are working hard and it's paying off!!!
 
On Friday night, the Linville Hill High School girls had their first game.  They won all three!!!  Then on Tuesday night, they had another game.  This time they won 3-4!!!  Both times they worked their butts off and played to win.  Every game was tit for tat and the scores were so close each time!!!  But they pulled it through with wins!!!
 
Hadassah is LOVING this season in her life right now!!!  Her love for volleyball has just grown because she's getting a taste of some good playing time against good teams!!!  She thrives on good plays and hard serves and slam down hits!!!  She got the player of the game award on Tuesday night and it's because she worked hard and gave it her all!!!  Good job girl!!!

 


When we arrived to watch the game, I took Hadassah to the side and told her that this is the game that they really want to win!  Why???  For the past several years, Hadassah has played against the Conestoga Christian girls in volleyball, basketball and soccer.  Conestoga has always given us great competition and seemed to always pull ahead of Linville.  So, this was a little challenge to her to try really hard and go for the win!!!  She nodded her head and agreed with me.  :)
 

And let me just say that it was concentration the entire time!!!  The girls were focused and played to well together making team effort saves and dives for the ball!!!


Hadassah is a really good server.  She's got good power in her arms and can serve some tough serves!



One block after the next. 


Little Man did pretty good on the sidelines but was ready to leave about half way through.  He sat and watched some farming YouTube to help pass the time. 

It was down to the nitty gritty.  The girls won two in a row and this game was too close for comfort.

They lost game number three and so they had to play game number four.  It's the best out of five.  I could see in their eyes that they were getting tired but they stuck to the game and won game number four!!!  They were SO happy and proud of their playing!!!

She's a really good spiker too!!!  Look at her form!!!



I was sitting beside Mike on the sidelines and if I admit, I was SO into these games!!!  We both sat and cheered and I kept taking more pictures and sometimes I felt like I should pinch myself because we have a daughter out their on the playing courts now playing really well!!!  I love attending the kids sports games and I make a pretty big effort to go.  I think it helps their game if they know their Mom and Dad are watching and cheering!!!

Way to go girls!!!!  We know that this is going to be an exciting volleyball season for you all and we can't wait to see you play more games!!!  GOOOOOOOO Linville!!!