Thursday, February 8, 2018

February has arrived!

February is already here and I'm grateful that the winter is going right along at a quick pace!!!  January is usually the month that seems to drag and last for forever but this winter didn't seem bad at all for me.  Maybe it was all the puzzles that helped keep me engaged and happy to just be able to spend the days indoors?  Or maybe it was all the days at home with the kids because of the cold, ice and snow?  Or maybe because Hadassah turned sixteen and we had a party to plan, buy for and attend?  Or our anniversary date?  Whatever the cause, I don't mind a bit that it went by fast!  That means one less month now before Spring arrives at our door!!!  Just typing out that word ... SPRING ... makes me get so excited!  I love it and can't wait to get to the garden and go flower shopping and make the outdoors look pretty again!  But, for now, it's a few more weeks of winter.


I feel like it's been a bit quiet on the blog lately.  Not sure why?  But here's a quick update on what's been happening at our house.

These pictures are very poor and it's not even the best part of the moon show that I hoped to capture but the other night Hadassah and I went out to Ross and on the way home, the moon was HUGE!!!  Like "as big as the earth", where my words.  I just couldn't get over it!  We were driving right towards it and it looked like the sunrise.  The moon was just enormous and it really crossed my mind and I said, "This looks so odd or cool or different, that maybe Jesus is coming back right now!  How cool would that be?!!!"  He didn't come bursting out of the clouds and we drove home.  I went for a quick shower and wanted to take some pictures of this incredible moon sight!  I told Mike and go look at it and when he did, it didn't look much different.  What???  I looked and it was true.  It just now looked like the normal size moon shining bright in the sky!  I missed the best photos but I still stood inside the bathroom window and took some pictures to remind me of the awesomeness I had seen earlier!!!  Did anyone else see it?



Our no school days are adding up way too fast because we had another day of no school yesterday and a two hour delay this morning.  We didn't get much snow again but just enough to freeze up the roads.  I was hoping that it wouldn't change this photography event I planned to attend, and it didn't!  I took a beginners course in hopes to learn more about my new camera.  The class was good but it mainly covered how to learn to shoot in manual and I do that already.  I still learned a few things and got the privilege to take photo's of the models of the day!!!  Hadassah and Jess were asked to dress up and let the beginner photographers practice on taking photos of them!  It was a cold, rainy afternoon but we all sat around a beautiful table and sipped coffee and talked about photography!!!  Fun!!!


 
Practicing my camera settings.









And talking about photography, maybe another reason this winter is moving right along is because I did get out my scrapbooking things and I am slowly getting one page done at a time!!!  I love what I can all get done while Austin takes a nap.

I'm getting annoyed!!!  For some odd reason my computer is not downloading my phone photos, so this is my cheesy way to get photos on here that I want to document. 

Scrapbooking ...

One of my favorite reads of all times came through the mail the other day!!!  The Magnolia Journal has become a favorite of mine and I always look forward to the time when I can sit down and just gaze and dream and be inspired!


Oh, and how can I forget about the Super Bowl Party!?!  We had such a fun time at Gerald and Verna's on Sunday night!!!  The Eagles were cheered for big time here at this house!  Mike's not an Eagles fan and so mostly just watched the game but didn't share in too many cheers.  But the rest of them sure did!!!  As soon as there was a good play or touch down by the Eagles, the boys were up and out of their seats and cheering and hollering and so excited!!!  And then to watch the Eagles take it all the way and finish with being the Super Bowl Champs was such a fun event to witness!!!  JR's brought the bestest wings, Verna had the yummiest foods and desserts, Sonia brought a big veggie tray and I provided a hamburger dip and chips.  Thanks for hosting us guys!!!!


On my way to school the other morning, the woods were just glistening and shimmering!  I had to stop and take a quick photo of the pretty pines and icy branches!  This has been a challenging winter to get our school days all in and I'm hoping that we won't have to go to school in June but my fingers are crossed!!!



We are still going to basketball games.  A few games had to get canceled and rescheduled because of bad weather.  Matthew has a tournament tomorrow night that will be fun to watch!  Hadassah is still hobbling around on her ankle but just this morning I thought it did finally seem like it's getting better.  She is still not able to play any volleyball and I'm afraid that when she does go to jump and play, she will be super cautious ... but it is starting to heal up!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!

Driving with our sixteen year old has gotten a tad better too!  I am getting more relaxed being in the passenger seat and can tell that each time she gets a better at the whole driving thing!

And look at this!!!  The other night there was a knock at the front door.  Matthew went to see who it is and there laid a box.  What was it?  We got excited and started opening it.  It was a box of chocolate covered strawberries!!!  Now, who would send us a box of these?  We guessed and mentioned a few people.  We didn't see any card or any clues as of who this was from.  Soon Mike came into the kitchen and when he realized that we didn't know who this gift was from, he said, "It's from me!!!  Happy early Valentine's Day!"  What?  Wow!!!  He saw an advertisement on the Internet and thought it would be fun to send his family some of these treats!!!  And you bet it was fun!  And thoughtful!  And such a cool idea!!!  Thanks BABE!!!




We did find a small piece of paper that had fallen out of the box while Matthew was opening it!  Here's the note he asked to print!


We are excited about the upcoming plans and lots of warming memories will be coming your way soon!!!

Cheers to having the house cleaned, the bedsheets all laundered, and supper almost on its way to being cooked!!!  :)))

Happy weekend everyone!