Monday, January 29, 2018

17th Anniversary!

Mike and I celebrated our seventeenth wedding anniversary just the other day!!!  And like my previous post said, how can this be???  17 years is a long time, not?  But it seems just like yesterday and we remember it so well!!!  Our wedding day was one of the best days of our lives!  We were young, in love and happily off to our honeymoon! 

The honeymoon in Cancun was fabulous!!!  We loved every bit of it!!!  We were excited to get back home though and begin our new life together!!!

We've faced challenges along the way!  We've had our fair share of ups and downs.  But it was in those ups and downs that kept us falling more and more in love with each other.  Over the years, we have learned to communicate better.  To share our hurts and feelings more.  To lay down our pet peeves and accept each other for who we really are!  We've learned that if we talk and even heavily discuss our issues together it is ALWAYS better to get out those feelings instead of hiding them inside.  Or pretending like it didn't happen.  When we say we are sorry and forgive, it helps so much for when the next hiccup comes along.

Being married to Mike has been such a great journey and he has been the best gift ever given to me from God!!!  I love his character!  I love that he loves me and the children more than anything else in the world.  I'm treated like a queen.  He is so good to me!!! 

Looking back over the years of birthing our babies together and still raising our toddler and now teenager and the other ones in between, sure have shown us how to be patient when we were lacking sleep.  To talk gentle when emotions were up and down.  To cry when it hurts and to hug each other when all we need is a friend to listen.  Praying together is something we were told to do everyday when we were in premarital counseling.  And we do!  It has helped us in so many ways and with God being the head of our home, God has been our strength through the tough days!  With going through Mike's dad's death, it brought feelings and emotions that we didn't always know how to deal with.  But being together and crying out to God for direction and stability and living out our vows daily that we said years ago, has been the foundation of our marriage now today.

We would testify that marriages have different love stages or levels.  We don't know how often you climb up that ladder and take another step deeper or even how often this happens but we do know that it's been like this for us!  When we got married, I didn't think I could love Mike more!  I loved him so much and he was all I dreamed about!  But then after a few years of living together, things just seemed even a bit more better.  Or deeper?  Or more like we "really know each other now."  And then a few more years went by and the same thing happened.  And now after being married for 17 years, we are more in love!  It's a mystery and I can't explain it but it's a good thing!  We know most times what each other thinks and when it comes to parenting decisions, it has helped so much.  This has helped with our relationship and just knowing each other in a deeper level is so cool!!!

So, with these wonderful years of marriage behind us, we cannot wait to live the next 100 years together!!!  :)))  God's been so good!  He's blessed us with four amazing children, a beautiful home and love for each other that could only possibly come from God above!!!

I love you Mike!!!  Thank you so much for loving me and choosing me to be your bride way back then and still your date today!!!

Mike brought me 17 roses on Saturday!!!  He's so sweet!!!


And we went out on a date!  The Stockyard Inn has excellent food and service!!!  We loved this place!!!  Spending the evening with my handsome man was perfect!!!


Oh how I love this man so much!!!


Happy anniversary Babe!!!  You are the best and I love you for forever!!!

XOXO ~ Lori