Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Winter time.

This weather has been playing us tricks ever since Christmas vacation was over.  Today is the first day that the kids are back without a delay and staying the entire day!  The weather has been so freezing cold since the New Year!  But that's changing slowly as each day goes past this week.  We've been having as low as negative degree tempts but yesterday, we started out with a two hour delay and then the sun came out bright and melted a lot of the dirty, leftover snow.  It felt so amazing to step outside without being blasted with an Arctic freeze!  It felt so amazing, in fact, that I got the blower out of the barn and blew out the dusty, dirty, filthy garage.  The garage is the place where the kids take on and off their snow clothes and it all got picked up and put back in a tubbie.  I'm secretly hoping they don't stay in there too long because I do like snow if it's cold anyway.  I even took the Yukon to the car wash because it was so nasty looking from all the winter road dirt on it. 

Now today is a little more cloudy but the tempts are high enough to melt more snow.  What's left of it is so brown and not nice anymore.  I dropped off the kids this morning at school on regular time and it felt good.  They need to get their heads back into their studies so we don't have to finish school in June!!!

Winter time is the time when I like to go through closets and declutter.  With remodeling our home two years ago, I'm trying to get rid of the things we don't even use.  Or want.  Or are just being dusted and cleaned without any purpose anymore.  I've been taking trips to Fashion Cents with stuff and the way it looks, I'll be going again soon.  I love the fact that my unwanted things can become someone else's treasures.  And then the opposite for me as I also like to shop and look around the consignment store!  I've still got two places in the house that collect things.  One in the basement.  It's the room that was used for storage when we remodeled.  There are still a few things in there that need to be cleaned out.  Two, a room upstairs.  It holds all my seasonal décor and should be gone through and organized.  But, it is freezing up there in that room, so that might have to wait till Spring time.?.

It's also a time where I can attack the pile of photos that sit in the closet!  Scrap booking is something I only do in the winter time and everyday I keep thinking I need to get started with it!  Once I get out my books and photos its an easy "go for it" but if it stays untouched in the closet, I just daydream that I'm all caught up and organized!

Winter is also the only time that we do puzzles.  At Christmas, I treated myself to a set of puzzles that came all in one big box but with about ten different puzzles.  Some small, some bigger.  I just get the biggest kick out of sipping on coffee or hot tea and piece these together!  So far, it's been taking trump over the scrap booking itch. 


Hadassah began her volleyball for the winter months and is super excited about the whole event!  She went to a scrimmage with her team on Saturday and totally loved it!  She's had a few cancellations because of icy roads but is looking forwards to tomorrow night's first official practice.  Matthew is deep into the basketball practises and games too.  It's time they win another game but the practises have been good and it's a great workout for this growing boy. 

I love the slower, longer evenings spent here at home in Winter time too!  We've been watching some of the Olympic tryouts.  Fixer Upper is always a fun watch if I control the remote!  If the hubby has the remote, it's most times Shark Tank.  Building blocks, reading books, hot baths and relaxing is priority after supper! 

Winter is here and even if it does seem like the longest season, I've been enjoying every minute of it so far!  The kick back schedule, well, most days, and quiet afternoons when Austin naps, is so nice!

Stay cozy!