Thursday, January 4, 2018

First NO SCHOOL day for 2018.

We had a day at home because of the frozen tundra outside!!!  It is SO, SO COLD outside!  The tempts are in the single digits and even negative at night.  We are so blessed to have a cozy home, warm blankets and comfy beds to sleep in at night.  This is something that I am really appreciating more and more because it's easy to take it for granite.  It's something I've always had since I came into this world!  Warmth, heat, food and love! 

All Christmas vacation, we had so much fun!  I just wasn't at the point of "sending the kids back to school" yet but it was time.  Today, however, was different.  We did have a good day and I have to applaud the kids for helping me with the house chores but the two youngest just could not get started with toys!!!  It was whining and fighting and teasing all day long!  I couldn't send them outside even though they did decide on their own to go outside for a little while.  I made it clear that they were not going to go from one thing to the next without putting the first things away.  The house can get totally upside down real quick if I don't say things like this!  Plus, Thursday is cleaning day here at our home!

Bethany asked to not come help me clean today because of the weather conditions.  We had gotten a call from school earlier saying that there is a two hour delay and then school closed.  The kids and I were grateful to sleep in again and have a lazy morning!  Hadassah took Bethany's place because she was home anyway.  She cleaned all the bathrooms while I dusted, swept and cleaned the kitchen and floors!  Matthew and Ashlyn picked up the toys downstairs and then Matthew swept the basement!  It went great with these two helping me and they did a good job!  Thanks kids! 

Meanwhile, the younger ones still weren't started with any toys.  We had lunch and then Little Man went down for a nap.  That's when Ashlyn begged to watch YouTube on my phone and said she's bored.  I told her to go get out the bingo game and then we will make some paper snowflakes.  I am like a little kid when making snowflakes.  Not sure why?  I just like doing it.  One winter, I made so many so for fun.  It's a relaxing thing to do evenings and watch what happens after a few folds and cuts!  Each one gets different.  Each one is unique.



There isn't that much snow out there but its freezing cold.  This makes any outside time limited.




 They were covering each other with snow.  And after about 10 minutes, they were both coming back inside.

Then Little Miss and I made paper snowflakes.


Ryan and Tyler came over.  They didn't have school today either and the older kids all decided to go to Target.  The main roads weren't too bad but the wind was strong.  They came back soon.  Both the basketball game and volleyball practice got canceled for tonight.  Mike had two meetings that he was going to attend but they also got canceled.  This nasty weather is keeping us all at home!  And I'm just A OK with that!!!

I decided to make soup and soft pretzel wraps for supper.  Soup just seemed to be the right food for this cold day!  Now, we are about to jump in our PJ's and watch some Winter Olympic practises.  The wind is howling outside and again ... I'm so happy to be at home, out of the cold weather!

Winter is here!  The freezing tempts is keeping everyone inside.  Will we have school tomorrow?  All we have to do is wait and see.

Stay warm!  Stay inside!  Drink hot chocolate or coffee!  Cuddle with the people you love!!!