Friday, December 21, 2018

Tree Topper.

 
Christmas is coming!  Are you ready?  I am.  We are.  The house got a good cleaning yesterday and many thanks to Bethany for helping me out again!  But if I'm honest, the greens that were so fresh are drying out too fast!  We are keeping the tree watered but it's still getting brittle. 
 
My photo challenge for today is "tree topper".  I chuckled when I saw that today was tree topper and here's why.  For years and years we have this metal gold star that we put on top of our Christmas tree.  Each year I think we should get a new, nicer, prettier one but we always just stick with the same, same.  So our tree topper is old, not the nicest, but it still glitters and sparkles and adds the right touch to the tree!  With Christmas only a few days away, I can't help but think of those that aren't so fortunate.  I am so blessed and to think that our tree topper of a star isn't the best out there, it's ok.  There are people that are sick over the holidays.  I have a good friend that is in the hospital right now fighting against leukemia and trying to get her white blood cells up so she can come home for Christmas!  There are single moms that try their hardest to make Christmas sparkle and be fun for the kids.  Just because it's Christmas doesn't give the homeless a home.  I was reminded again at church that there are ministries paying money to get the electric and heat back on for those who live pay check by pay check or are poor or maybe life is just rough for them.  You don't have to look far to see others in need and I've been praying all through the month of December with the kids as they head out the door to go to school that we would all look for ways to bless those in need  Maybe it's just a  smile or hug.  Maybe it's buying a coffee and dropping it off for a mom who is overwhelmed?  Maybe it's just spending extra time with my own kids and husband and letting them know that I love them to death and that they mean the world to me!  To be a blessing … that's a goal!!!
 

And we made some fresh playdough the other day!!!  Fun, fun!!!