Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Two weeks until Christmas!!!

Are you ready?  Christmas is only two weeks away and it's time to finish up the shopping and finish the gift wrapping!  I finally have all the Christmas cards stamped and ready to send out to family and friends!!!  Christmas is coming and I'm trying to be as organized and ready as possible!  With that in mind, I was smiling as I mixed up a double batch of our favorite Cappuccino Mix the other day because usually my gifts to all our school teachers gets purchased and wrapped and gifted the day before Christmas vacation!!!  This year, the mix is mixed and bagged and all I need to do yet is add their card and it will be given with love!!! 

 
Ready for the post office!!!
 

This past weekend was one we were looking forward to for awhile now!!!  Our 50's Group of friends planned another fun Christmas party and this time JR and Lorene hosted it in their beautiful home!!!  Last minute, I went digging into Hadassah's closet to find us some festive sweaters we could wear to the party!!!  We added some hats and we were off to laugh and eat and have a good time with friends!!!  We decided to do the "favorites theme" again this year.  Each lady brings a favorite gift for each of the other ladies.  Men do the same.  Because there are five couples that are in this 50's group, I bought four Christmas books and gave them as my favorite!  (Four because I don't give myself a gift.)  Mike gave Harry's Shaving Cream because he loves this new cream and it's become his favorite for right now!


I love this devotional for Christmas!!!  It's the book I gave as my "favorite".


And this is what we came home with!!!  Seasonings, a pack of steaks, mints, candle, BBQ sauce, a wine/coffee tumbler (which I totally love and have been using it everyday since), etc.. 

 
The entire night was filled with fun and we had such a great time!!!!
 
On Sunday, we had our very last church service in the school gym because we now have our new permit to finally move into the new church building!!!  We are so excited about this and cannot wait to use the new facility to praise Jesus and serve the community!!
 
We also gathered with the Dienner Family!  Mommy D. always gives everyone a gift and Ashlyn loves her new scarf that Mommy D. croqueted herself!!!  How neat!!!
 



This was my gift from her!!!  Gotta love gift cards … especially to Latte Luv!!!



And now with a new week in front of us, we are excited for more fun festivities this week!!!  Sue Esh goes to Hershey each Christmas and sets up a beautiful display of food for the doctors, nurses and those who need to spend the holiday in the hospital.  I filled a bunch of filo cups with fruit dip and fruit and prayed that these little treats would put smiles of the faces of those serving the sick or for the families that will be in the hospital over Christmas!!!


Our health is something that I am SO, SO VERY GRATEFUL for!!!  We try to not take this as a given fact of life because we have friends (some very close friends) that are in a battle of cancer or not feeling well!!!  We went through a very short but intense battle of cancer with Mike's dad a year and half ago and it's tough stuff!!!  I was introduced to these vitamins while browsing through the vitamin section at Whole Foods the other week!  I didn't buy them that day but later found them at Target for a bit cheaper and so I grabbed a few bottles!  The kids love these and I hope it will help chase away the colds and sniffles that the winter season can bring!!!

 
I'm now off to make that stop at the post office and send off those cards!!!  Austin will tag along with me!  We've got some fun events this yet to attend, so stay tuned in to hear about them!!!
 
Only two more weeks until Christmas!!!!