Monday, February 11, 2019

Hit with the flu.

I was away all weekend with Hadassah at her volleyball tournament and on the way home I said, "My throat is feeling a bit scratchy and my nose is dripping!"  But, I never thought it would end up like this!!!!!

I woke up almost every hour Sunday night.  Sore throat and not feeling well!!!  At all!!!!!  Monday morning everything hurt!!!  My muscles were SO SORE!  My throat hurt!  My head hurt!!!  I had to call Lena and tell her that's there's no way I can babysit her boys today.  Thankfully, she offered to take Austin along to her other babysitting option!  I got to sleep!  I was on the couch ALL DAY long and still was feeling horrible that night!  Mike was ready for me to be the "mom" in the house again and my kitchen counters, laundry and floors were all screaming my name!!!  I just couldn't help but lay on the couch and pray that this flu bug would leave me!!!

Tuesday I was still so achy and I forced myself to get my laundry started.  I felt a bit better and after some Motrin kicked in and helped with my achines, I was able to sweep the floors and even make some supper!  The kids were ready for me to pack their lunches and help them!  Mike was happy to have me do the dishes and be up and about!!!

This flu sure hit me hard and knocked me down for two days but I'm again now back to good health and back to a cleaner house!  :)

This has been a challenging winter for health so far!!!  It seems like Ashlyn is the one catching all the bugs!  On Tuesday she came home from school and went straight on the couch!  I felt bad for her again and really prayed that she wasn't getting the flu too.  I did start giving the children Elderberry syrup in hopes to stop so many germs affect our health!!!  I think a second grader in a classroom of other seven year old is one major reason for so many germs!  It's hard to keep children free from germs!


Ashlyn did feel better by that night and for that I was so grateful!!!  She got to enjoy a week of "Spirit Week" and dressed silly and went to school in her PJ's one day!  She dressed up like "Lucky" and had a fun week!!!

We had a freezing cold week last week and I sure hope it froze away all those nasty germs and flu's!!!!
 
*****************************
 
Matthew wrapped up his basketball season this week!!!  The boys played hard every game but didn't win any games.  We complimented Matthew on still having a good attitude and giving it his best!!!
 
This was the last game and Austin is using Ashlyn's new set of markers!  He doesn't color much and I really need to start working with him in holding a pencil and practice writing his name soon!
 



 
Basketball is a fun sport and watching Matthew's games were fun!!!!  The next season is now baseball!  I can't hardly believe it but it will be ball practises in a few weeks and we love, love going to the ballpark and watching ballgames!!!  Bring on Spring and Summer please!!!!!!